iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Playing around this weekend

Started by CCC4, January 27, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

gwilson

Do y'all hand limb all that pine? or gate it first then just hand buck?

CCC4

I limb and top everything by hand...we only keep the de-limber gate on a loader for insurance purposes. Thanks!

shortlogger

Do y'all always work 7 days a week ?
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

CCC4

Yes...well I do...I may go 20 straight then take a day off. I am taking this weekend off to be with my Son...not to mention I'm about wore slap out! I been on steep ground for (4) straight months...chasing the Hydro Ax on flat ground isn't seeming like taking a break! LMAO!

RayMO

Nice pile of logs for sure ! Started a new job myself with around 50,000 ' of nice tall slick sycamore along with quite a bit of maple and several good walnuts . I wont be so envious of your pine for a while now lol .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Maine logger88

Yeh working 7 days a week will get to you I do it quite a bit during the winter but then come mud season I'll not do much for a month feast or famine I guess
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

CCC4

Quote from: RayMO on January 28, 2014, 07:34:09 PM
Nice pile of logs for sure ! Started a new job myself with around 50,000 ' of nice tall slick sycamore along with quite a bit of maple and several good walnuts . I wont be so envious of your pine for a while now lol .

Do you have a strong market for the Sycamore? We just sell it right along with the hardwood as ties and scrag. I generally only run on to sycamore in low lands. I like to cut it, grows really well here...tall and slick, they usually average 6 to 7> 9'4 ties. I like falling Sycamore but they bounce so dang bad, I had one over the weekend that I had to fall over a doser deck...the butt jumped about 15' up in the air! They cut really nice though...fun! You can sizwheel the heck out of 'em!

CCC4

Quote from: Maine logger88 on January 28, 2014, 07:52:16 PM
Yeh working 7 days a week will get to you I do it quite a bit during the winter but then come mud season I'll not do much for a month feast or famine I guess

Man, we are in such a drought right now that everything is dust. All of Northern Arkansas is under a "Red Flag Warning"! Humidity is averaging 30%...dangerous right now! We need ....mudd! LOL!

Maine logger88

We got plenty of mud I'll trade you some for some of your dust haha! :D
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

RayMO

My sycamore market is about the same . Ties on the 12-14" stuff and pipeline skids /pallet on the big stuff. 45 MPH gusting wind today so I moved my wheel loader and a few hundred ft of walnut and cherry I bought to saw for my self .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Thank You Sponsors!