iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

im ashamed

Started by timberjack240, March 20, 2005, 06:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack240

i feel ashamed  :(  i had to cut along side guys with stihls with my huskie  :D  8) this is probably gonna be a hot topic  ;D wuts everyones opinoin s on HUSKY vs. stihls. just wonderin what everyone thinks

sawmillsi

Both are good saws, nothing to be ashamed about!

I run STIHL's myself (like the colours better)

Si

chet

I got both, dat way I got all da bases covered.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Ain't ran a Stihl in years 8)  Ran Jonsereds for a long time and just recently went back to Huskys.  I prefer their air filtration system and most importantly I've got good dealers close by for both the Red and Orange saws. 8) 8) 8)  The 031 Stihl I ran for a while was a good saw but you had to carry an assortment of hardware to keep it together ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawmillsi

corley5

Look at the jonsereds closely - they are huskys painted differently, even got the same stamping.

si

DanManofStihl

Could have been worse you could have been out their with a poulan or a homelite. I love stihl and every logging job I have had my companies have always had stihl. I would not been ashamed unless it broke down then you might get laughed at.  :D
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

Ed

I have both.
The major difference is the air filteration. Husky's way better there.
I would rather deal with my Husky dealer at this point in time. Just a small "hole in the wall" place out in the country. Really good people that care about their customers.

OneWithWood

It ain't the saw - it's the man  ;D

Hold your head high regardless of the equipment at hand and do the best you can - no shame in that :) :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

slowzuki

Find a good dealer and use their saws!  The husqy dealer here is rude and not interested in selling parts to those who service their own saws.

The local stihl dealer is great.  Friendly, helps you out with problems etc.  Their is a stihl and husqy shop way out of town and they are super too, I bought my MS260 there.

I had a 345, 351 and 346xp lined up next to the MS260 and made the call on the 260.  My neighbour who is cutting with me now got a 345.  Cutting softwood with each other they are both nice saws.  His air filtration is ridiculously better, I have to clean at every tank but mine has some extra power and is a bit lighter.

Corley5

Elelctrolux has been the parent company of both Husky and Jonsered for quite sometime now.  The Air Injection on the Huskys came along after Electrolux bought Jonsered and their Turbo air cleaning.   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Lobo

Quote from: Corley5 on March 21, 2005, 12:34:08 PM
Elelctrolux has been the parent company of both Husky and Jonsered for quite sometime now.  The Air Injection on the Huskys came along after Electrolux bought Jonsered and their Turbo air cleaning.   

As  E-lux also owns Poulan I know air injection has also been incorporated on those saws.
Don't know if it is on the other brands e-lux owns such as McCullogh, Pioneer or Partner and others.

RSteiner

I have two Huskys now and I have owned two Stilhs and a couple of
Sachs-Dolmars and a couple of Macs a Homlite and even a Wright.  The Dolmar is a good saw mine were a little on the heavy side but very good saws.

Between the Stihl and the Husky I would buy either again, as others have said it all about the dealer that makes a difference.  I would not buy another Mac or Homlite they were my first saws 30 yeaqrs ago when the selection wasn't as good.

Randy
Randy

rebocardo

I have a couple of Husky 365s and just bought a small Stihl. I think on the lower end the Stihl is probably better built even with the 1 year warranty and on the upper end the Huskys (372 and up) are equal or better.

iain

I got two stihls and one husky, use em as needed or the mood takes me, like them both

iain

twostroke_blood

Never be ashamed. Its not the saw that makes the man  ;D

Swede

QuoteLook at the jonsereds closely - they are huskys painted differently, even got the same stamping.

They are made in the same building in Husqvarna but put together on different flats!  ;D

My Jonsered 535 is a REAL Jonse-red,   ;) "Made in Jonsered", before the E-lux era.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!