iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered opinions

Started by racer9, March 28, 2005, 03:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racer9

My local Amish saw shop just started selling Jonsered. Looking at thr 2171. any opinions about these saws. I know they are basically a Husky, only in red and black.
Thanks ???
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

jokers

Grab one before they are all gone!

Russ

sawguy21

Good product line but no dealers anywhere near us. The Canadian distributor has not done a good job in the west
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Lobo

Jonsered & Husqvarna or sister companies basically the same products but the jonny's look better in red & black than in ugly all orange, I believe some are even produced in the same plant.

racer9

Thanks for the replies. I have always run Stihls, and my 046 MAG is starting to get pretty weak. The shop I was talking about in the first post, sells Stihl, Husky, and he just started selling Jonsys. All in the same shop. Don`t know how he sells all three, but he does.
  I am in western Pennsylvania, and within a 5 mile radius from my house, there are 12 Amish sawmills. The logging crews are also all Amish, so this saw shop has a pretty good customer base.
  Really been looking hard at the 2171, but this is first I got a chance to really look at the jonsys.
Thanks again for the imput.
  Rod
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

Lobo

I have been looking at the 2171 also, I really like that saw.   :)

Chris J

While there is some parts crossover between Husky & Jred,  & some models are essentially the same saw, they aren't identical twins.  They might be close cousins, but they can't always use each others parts, covers, etc.

I'd love to list all the differences, but I'm no expert, & the research could be quite time consuming.  That said,  Jreds in general are highly thought of.

Chris J.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Thank You Sponsors!