iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is This Stove Any Good?

Started by Striker911, January 31, 2013, 02:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker911

I have one that needs a door and one of the bricks are cracked. I guess the brick would be fairly cheap, but the real issue is the heavy inner door thats missing. I wonder is it worth the effort, and if so how would I get one? Would it have to be  fabricated by a local welding shop or what? Not sure where to go with this. I am going to measure it and call this company, but mine is just this style. Its not exactly the same (Mine is an older King) so I doubt the door would fit, but I am going to give it a shot. All I have been heating with for the last 2 years is space heaters and the kitchen stove when it gets really cold. So I would like to cash in on some free heat since I have 5 acres of wood. Thanks in advance.

http://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/OrschelnFarmHome/ctl16754/cp/si5188968/cl1/wonderwood-circulator-wood-stove?&path=c16754xdefxusdx57821%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q73746f7665~~c16754xdefxusdx57862%23%232%23%2329~~nc16754xdefxusdx58200%23%230%23%23g&query=stove&offset=

WH_Conley

King, Ashley and Wonderwood are made by U S Stove Company. I have never measured to compare. They all look the same. I don't know about cost, might be a pretty good chunk of a new stove just to get a door. I don't think a suitable one could be made locally. They are cast iron and have a groove for a gasket. Mild steel would probably warp. Check your local scrap yards. They have been on the market for years and several are burn through and go to scrap every year.
Bill

coxy

did u try tractor supply thay sell a stove that looks identical to a wonderwood  just a thought  and good luck

Bill Gaiche

If the door is the only problem, then it would be worth a shot to repair it. If you have the old door you can use it to go by to find another. If you can't maybe you could find a friend that has the skills to make you one from plate metal. good luck,bg

Thank You Sponsors!