iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Crawfish

Started by Magicman, April 27, 2019, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

And these were huge.  :o   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DPatton

Mmmm, mud bugs with taters, sausage and corn!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Magicman

That first box full was only an appetizer.   food6  I hurt myself before I finished.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Magicman

Is that a question Rob?  Do you mean down the back like a lobster or what?  If so, no.  There is no wrong way for eating crawfish but some are better:
How To Eat a Crawfish - YouTube

tule peak timber

MM, when you mentioned that you hurt yourself, I thought you sliced your finger on a shell piece cleaning the crawfish.Rob

Magicman

I was trying to get too technical and missed the humor  :-X  although it did cause me to do the searching about how to eat crawfish.  There was one person's method that I would like to try....heck I want to try them all.  :D

BradMarks

Magic:  That is downright mean, posting pics like that >:( ;D.  Been awhile for me since a crawfish boil!  And some fried oysters on the side.  Raw oysters - a whole different meal. Now I'm hungry....

Jeff

He's done done it to me too. Made me love and now crave something I'd never thought I would ever try for lack of desire.

He's  a bad man. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

There's likely a zillion ways to cook them too .It's been decades since but my favorite is just like Chesapeake bay crabs .Big pot with a rack ,1 inch or so of water with a little lemon juice ,throw them in and drown  with "old bay " .Crank up the heat ,it only takes a few minutes .Goes good with beer and hush puppies .

Magicman

Ok I am a bad man......again because we had 10# if these to eat.  :)

Tacotodd

The only bad part about mudbugs, 10# don't go ver far, but I sure do love em! They are some of the best eats that I can get, but a delicacy for sure. People that don't like them I'm cool with, more for me 🤪
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

Quote from: Tacotodd on June 02, 2021, 09:16:09 PMonly bad part about mudbugs, 10# don't go ver far
But for two of us it was plenty with some left over for...

a nice Crawfish Salad for my lunch today.  food6

kantuckid

I've had the Cajun crawfish in a restaurant down there but wondering if the other crawfish, yankee crawfish, are edible? Ones I've had were smaller. 

I like everything that's in a boil but prefer each item cooked separately, corn, taters, crawfish or seafood. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

We find them here in most any creek with a rocky bottom. They hide under them rocks. ;) We've never gone fishing for them though, since we have a vibrant lobster fishery. I actually don't think you'd find enough quantity of crayfish in a day up here to stay alive. ;D :D

Looks like you're enjoying then crawfish. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

I have found plenty back when we seined for limb line & trot line baits, just never ate them. The other variety that's bigger than creek version  is often found in ditches in fly over land. They are blue-green nasty looking critters.

Tacotodd

It's often been said "if not for the ditches, the Cajun's would starve".

Funny thing the first time I heard it, but they're SO good. People just don't understand unless they've tried them. A lot of work & a lot of waste.

And it's funny now, but I can make all kinds of cracks about my self (thick skin)! When you can make fun of yourself then nobody else knows what to say!
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

Of course they are good or no one would be eating them. That's always my fall back. ;D And another, I only make good stuff (to eat). :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

My "are they good comment" was about the big ugly ones seen up here that are blue green color and seem to be another species not the Cajun ones which I know are good.  

Tacotodd

You just have to remember that it's not in the same class of edible art that some food (sushi) is. Try it, it might be good 👍 but there is ultimately only 1 way to tell.
Trying harder everyday.

metalspinner

I miss eating crawfish every weekend.  Just can have them a couple times a year on visits. 

Once on a four day canoe trip with the scouts, rations were running low by day three. I put the scouts in charge of everything. Including the menu plan, shopping, camping sights, etc. 
Well, like I said, rations were running low by lunchtime on day 3. So as I was warming up my Ramen noodles for lunch🙄 on the riverside, I sent the scouts that were in charge of the menu plan to scrounge up some crawfish for me. Ended up boiling about 15 in my ramen water. 🤣
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Tacotodd

Sounds like good eats to me! A little hot sauce and yagothermade! (you got her made, for the non southern language fluent)
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!