iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forcat 2000 VS Conventional Log skidder

Started by Good Feller, November 17, 2008, 03:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonebroke

If you took the bed off, you could mount a grapple upside down and have a clambunk. You could probably load a lot more then you could haul.

Stonebroke

moonhill

lancek, you won't find me laughing at horse logging.  An option for sure, I would just as soon hire a single or team.  Thanks for the reminder.  

Ironwood, one of these.  My truck is a Mitz. Fuso FG140, it has the smallest unit mounted on it and it can handle up to 9500 pounds.  It functions as a dump as well.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0JFeKZk0IE

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

thecfarm

Moonhill,must of been the older one,saw it 4 years ago.If I had the money and wanted tracks,I would go buy a new small dozer for the same money.I could use a dozer to smooth out the old pasture and to push rocks.
lancek,I would like to have horses.Wife had 2 horses and I had one for the woods.Was going to train it,but the wife got sick and we had to get rid of them. I had skidder guy tell me horses make more of a mess than a skidder cause you can't run over the brush and break it up.I was and am using a farm tractor and never run over mine either.I told him,guess you never heard of sawing the brush so it will lay on the ground.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ironwood

I believe we regionally call those a "hook" truck. My buddy has one (like yours) on a F-450, 4x4 ext. cab.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

moonhill

My apologies for the diversion, just for those that haven't seen these in use.  This is a larger version of what I have.  I use mine to transport my little tractor and as a car carrier when the little box quits on the side of the road, too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d16YqyRh74&feature=related

I have a Cat 307 for the dirt work. 

Tim

moonhill

lancek

Cfarm sorry to here about your wife I hope everything turns out OK and Ironwood thta machine you have coupled with a team would be a great set up twich the logs to the trail head with the horses and move them to the landing and load with the machine!
As far as the allester I tried to get in touch with the manufacture and they never returned my calls or email who imports these?

Ironwood

Alstor, While looking very capable in the terrain,  I would be concerned long term (or even shorter term) it could be busted up pretty good. I keep thinking of things like. Frickman's forwarder that has broken in half a few times. Granted his has seen thousands of hours use and likely 100's of thousands of board feet moved, but woods work is ROUGH. 'Course you folks know that.  ::)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

motohed

moonhill

There is a series of videos, some put them into some tricky positions.  They are all new, would be interesting to see an older one that had been used a bit.  I take it no one has been around one to report what it is really like?  I don't know the cost.  I wish I had more time I would love to experiment in making a similar unit from scratch. 

The forwarders seem top heavy, are the real one top heavy? 

Tim

motohed

Quote from: Shawn Bevins on November 23, 2009, 08:26:14 AM
Somethings need to be clarified, the gas powered unit does not exsist anymore, we phased it out because of overheating and lack of power, the new unit has a 36 hp Perkins deisel engine and can skid up 3 times it's own weight 4100 lbs X 3 = 12300 lbs , as for parts we have all parts in stock and ready to ship to anywhere in North America within 24 hours.  I have included a link for our new video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOh3PLvjKso  and tech specs for your review, we will also in the very near future offer this unit with a standard skidsteer plate front and rear so all the attachments you see at this link http://www.quick-attach.com/  will fit onto the machine, also the name of the machine has been changed to OXTRAC.
This thing looks good on flat ground . I would like to see it in action in rocky terrain , muddy terrain , etc . I had never given these small machines much chance before owning a skidsteer , the one I have is mighty powerful being a Bobcat T 320 . I have grappled a 16 foot oak lod that was 48 to 50 + inches in diameter and carried it away with little to no problem . I know it is considerably larger and more horse power than your forcat .  I am also amazed with the my 16" feller buncher schear head , which I use on it for clearing firewood trees etc . I always thought bigger was better ,but these compact machines pack a lot of punch for a machine of their size . I wish I had a hot saw head for sawlogs , but for now we cut saw log timber with chainsaws and wedges like most everyone else I supose .
                                  Scott

debushau

This unit is a forwarder but its forcat size. There's a neat video of it on youtube. Made in Japan by Canycom.

http://canycomsales.com/menu/products/by460.php

Thank You Sponsors!