iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 550 XP Parts List

Started by HLSupply, September 20, 2016, 04:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HLSupply

Hoping this will save someone some time.

Husqvarna-550XP parts list with exploded parts diagrams:
http://blog.hlsproparts.com/2016/09/complete-guide-to-husqvarna-550xp.html

SawTroll

Nice - hopefully the part list at that blog site is updated with every new update from Husky? They update them fairly often.
Information collector.

newforest

Yes a saw that seems to stay the same in a catalog from year-to-year does actually change 'under the hood'

My 2016 05 (i.e. manufactured in week 05 of 2016) 550XP won't start at about 125 hours of use and has a strong leak at the decompression button. I have heard they sometimes need to be changed. My dealer keeps a stock on hand and this will be a simple warranty fix when I can stop by (fortunately I have a new 562XP I can also run in the mean-time). But I will also pick up an appropriate plug to just skip the button if this happens again.

My brand new Stihl FS 560 clearing saw has a metal-on-metal sound inside the bevel gear head. That one also has a recent part # change for the complete assembly though I have no idea how to match the assembly # to which may have come with my serial number. A $1400 mistake, it is starting to appear.
same old friends the wind and rain

"Young age timber management is the bastard stepchild of the Forestry business" - a fellow contractor

Spike60

Quote from: SawTroll on September 21, 2016, 01:06:28 AM
Nice - hopefully the part list at that blog site is updated with every new update from Husky? They update them fairly often.

Often yes. And they update them in a different format than they used to. The days of a new IPL every year are gone. The new saws all have a single IPL on the dealer site. There are sub tabs for "IPL updates" and supersitions on part changes that explain what has changed and the serial numbers when the changes have taken place.

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!