iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sold the mill today

Started by moandrich, February 18, 2013, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

We sold our LT30 today.  Got close to what we wanted, I told the buyer about this forum, hope he will join.  Looked like a really nice hard working guy.  It was sad to see the mill go, worked just like it was new.  We are now starting our search for a lt40hd.  Had a quick question.  If a mill has basic accuset that does not work can you still use the scale and up down lever for setting the head?  One of the mills we are looking at has accuset, we don't really care about it (seems like something else to break), and want to make sure the mill would operate without it.

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Bibbyman

If it's the newer Accuset 2 version, it's real reliable and Wood-Mizer has parts to fix it.   If it's the early version, then it's less reliable and if has major component go out then the only fix is to upgrade to Accuset 2.

Give Accuset a chance.   Once you get to using it you'll never wanted to saw without it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

fishpharmer

Yes, the mill will operate without it. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Finn1903

The mill will work without a "computer" but manually going up and down and looking at the scale takes a little more time.  When I first started milling I used the scale, but once I figured out the Accuset 2 (not that hard) I use the scale to set my first cut and then auto-down or pattern for the rest.  The accuset 2 also has a lit display so when it get dark I can still make the cuts.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

drobertson

I'm not so sure that it will operated without a functional set works, if there is a glitch, sometimes one can get buy in manual mode, but often times, it shuts completely down, with no control of the head, a call to wmz would be in order, with the current issues that exist, and as Bibby mentioned you would never saw manual if you had the accuset working, I'm not sure why anyone would want to if the options were to have one,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I have read on here that there is a wiring bypass that has to be done, but someone would need to verify that.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kansas

Its my understanding if its an electric mill, you can't bypass an inoperable accuset. At least that is what we were told when ours went down. That would be a question you would want to talk to with the Woodmizer people about.

dgdrls

moandrich,

Welcome to the "no sawmill currently club" :(

I suspect you will find the correct 40 and be back sawing soon.

Good luck with your search,

DGDrls 

sawless in CNY help_me

jcbrotz

Some will say you cannot bypass the accuset but don't tell an electician that, You can bypass the accuset I have done it 2 times when my accuset1 failed yet I still spent the money for accuset2 very positive thus far aside from my screen fogging up, Note to self one of these days I have to call woodmizer about that. :D When you use accuset you will soon find out how nice it is, 2 is a LARGE step up form 1.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

moandrich

Thanks for the help. I won't shy away from accuset on a mill
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Thank You Sponsors!