iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A nice day for it

Started by Peter Drouin, March 09, 2014, 12:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

BT,

Those ash logs would fit a LT15 very nicely  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

r.man

If you sawed the good stuff in that ash pile you would only be burning slabwood.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on April 08, 2014, 07:44:55 AM
Peter,still kinda froze here. I have stopped cutting wood in the thinning area for now. That is just about to break up. And with this rain today,just about might be here. The firewood yard has some mud in it. I was able to work around it. Yesterday was the last day for that. Only a few inches of mud there,but that will change. That whole area is full of bark and sawdust. So that keeps it soft longer.

Well in a week or two the mud will be gone, and you can get back in there, Maybe  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: beenthere on April 07, 2014, 11:11:11 PM
Finally able to get in the woods and do some felling, and collecting of some logs for further processing.
All ash so far.

Is ash all you cut for firewood?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

QuoteIs ash all you cut for firewood?

For the most part, yes. Have been burning white ash for several years now. Have a lot of red and white oak, shagbark hickory, black walnut, and a fair amount of soft maple... but it is all ash for the time being.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Are those EAB casualties?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

Danny
No, I haven't seen any dead ash around here - yet.
Likely the EAB is coming, and I won't have so many trees to be enticing the little buggers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WmFritz

Quote from: r.man on April 08, 2014, 08:16:10 AM
If you sawed the good stuff in that ash pile you would only be burning slabwood.
Quote from: WDH on April 08, 2014, 07:52:09 AM
BT,

Those ash logs would fit a LT15 very nicely  ;D.

That's what I thought too. BT, your firewood pile looks nicer than my sawlog pile.  ;) ;) :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!