Draw for handbuilt acoustic guitar get your name in

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: MS-250 Fuel pick up issue  (Read 344 times)

Offline MAF143

• Work hard, Play hard
    • Share Post
MS-250 Fuel pick up issue
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:37:25 AM »
I have a new (bought in Feb) MS-250.  I have run 2 gallons of fuel throught and like the way it runs, BUT...

Sometimes when it gets down to less than half a tank of fuel, it stalls out when cutting in positions other than just normal.  Very frustrating when in the middle of a felling cut.

I can get it re-started by choking it and getting it going again and then it is fine.  Maybe the moving it around allows the line in the tank to move.

Looking in the tank it has an articulated pickup opposed to just a flexible line with weighted filter.

I haven't had it back to the dealer yet, but was wondering if this is common.  

I'm planning on getting to the dealer later this week to ask about this, but would like any opinions from the guys here first.

Thanks
Always having a great day!
041 farm boss, MS 391, MS 250, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '97 Ram 1500 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Offline ZeroJunk

• Share Post
Re: MS-250 Fuel pick up issue
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
The line is flexible enough for the pickup to move to the bottom of the tank wherever the bottom of the tank is depending on position, or it's supposed to be anyway. If the saw has limiters  make sure the high speed jet is all the way CCW against the limiter. But, they may have switched to the tamper proof splined needle head on newer carbs. I would certainly make the dealer fix it, replace it, or whatever.

Offline MAF143

• Work hard, Play hard
    • Share Post
Re: MS-250 Fuel pick up issue
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »
Love the saw, just haven't had time to look into it well.  not enough hours in a day...   I stopped at the dealer (the wife and I were going into town, didn't have the saw with us) and he said that it may just need re-positioned in the tank to allow it to flex the other way.  I will drop it off there next time I get to town.  We don't get that direction very often and I usually work on things, myself, but that is one of the reasons I baught this saw, to not have to work on it...  other than this, I love the saw, lots 'o' power for it's size and weight.

I'll probably play with it, cuz when I looked in there the other day while fueling it up, the pick up was wedged and sticking UP instead of sitting at the bottom of the tank...  If I can't get it rotated, I will take it in for them to replace.

thanks for the support.
Always having a great day!
041 farm boss, MS 391, MS 250, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '97 Ram 1500 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
E-10 fuel eats Shindaiwa fuel pick-up tubes

Started by jteneyck on Chainsaws

8 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 02:31:36 PM
by jteneyck
xx
Sthil fuel pick up line/ethanol issues

Started by doo_hicky on Chainsaws

7 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 08:24:29 AM
by Al_Smith
xx
Stihl MS650 fuel tank issue

Started by WVDieselcrawler on Chainsaws

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 07:15:51 AM
by joe_indi
xx
Need help w/ Stihl MS290 disassembly (fuel line issue)

Started by TurboLS on Chainsaws

4 Replies
Last post October 23, 2015, 05:58:33 AM
by joe_indi