iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Miter Gauge Support

Started by 21incher, June 13, 2018, 03:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Got a new longer bar miter gauge and it needed some extra support out front to be useful so I added a plastic table for it.

Here is the video about adding it

Miter Gauge Support For My Grizzly G1023WRLX Saw Using A Kreg Miter Gauge - YouTube

Also found a usefull gauge for setting up angles on the gauge for cutting segments.

Here is a video about it

Miter Set Segments Review And Kreg Precision Miter Gauge Update - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teakwood

Nice work!

I never had any luck with that miter gauge on my table saw. the 90 degree cut was never precise enough for me. I'm hoping to purchase a real sliding table saw one day
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Dan_Shade

Slightly off topic, but this is a great way to square up a miter gauge or sled.

5 Cuts to a "Perfect" Cross-Cut Sled - YouTube
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

21incher

Quote from: teakwood on June 14, 2018, 08:48:52 AM
Nice work!

I never had any luck with that miter gauge on my table saw. the 90 degree cut was never precise enough for me. I'm hoping to purchase a real sliding table saw one day

Thanks. My last saw had a sliding table and I miss it at times but it took up a lot of extra space in my tiny shop. This gauge is pretty good when set using that miter setup fixture but was useless without that little support to keep it from twisting. Those euro style sliding table saws are really nice if you have the room. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teakwood

Quote from: 21incher on June 14, 2018, 08:01:30 PMThose euro style sliding table saws are really nice if you have the room.

Yeah i know! If you buy a sliding table saw than a real one! Nothing under 5-6k. The problem is i would have to build more shop room and that would cost another 5k, so my hands are tied.
I make my 90degr cuts with a hand circular saw and a straight clamped up on the boards. it's very accurate but painfully slow 

Bruno of NH

Nice work
I have a sliding table on my shop saw.
I have 3 table saws  :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Larry

Thought you might like to see my miter saw. It's a Hammond Glider printers saw with a sliding table that I modified a bit. It has about 20" of crosscut ability in a very small footprint. No rip capacity.

Instead of a miter gauge I designed and made a quadrant with a vernier scale copied from the Incra miter gauge. I designed it for one tenth of a degree accuracy but in practice it does far better. 19 segments, no problem.

I've done hundred's of segmented rings for turning projects. I make a practice ring first to be safe but 90% of the time its dead on.

The Miter Set is a great idea...wish I thought of it and I enjoyed your review.

A few segmented rings.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

teakwood

Wowww!! you sure have passion, patience and lots of talent. Nice work 

21incher

That is a great saw Larry. I recently saw one on craigslist and wish that I had room for one. I don't know why table saw manufacturers don't buy into miter set and incorporate the tapered holes in the tables. Just love your segmented turnings. :)

Thank You Sponsors!