iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor, David vs Goliath

Started by Magicman, September 26, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thankfully something back on TV worth watching.  Tonight's events were unfortunate but this could shape up to be a very interesting and entertaining series.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DPatton

Oh man I forgot it was on. I hope it recorder but I don't know why it would have since I didn't have it setup to record. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Cedarman

The chemistry between the contestants seems to be going very well.
A few dufus mistakes early in the game.  Right, MM, finally something to look forward to watching.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

I was about to change channels when it flashed onto the screen!

Looks like a full gamut of contestants on each of the teams!

Should be interesting season!

Unfortunate start though!  :(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I was sorta hoping that tribal would go the other way but sadly the weak and non-thinkers loose.  They are also divided so there will be more surprises.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

buzzegray

Seems like they hired actors for this season.
There is a fake factor feeling.

Chuck White

Dang!  I got busy and missed it!  >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Magicman

I didn't predict the outcome but it was understandable.  Mouth vs mouth and someone looses.  Now they will have to deal with the weak link, but the tribes being shuffled changes everything.  ::)

Cedarman

Many, many more have been voted off because they opened their mouths instead of keeping them closed.  Wished they went a couple more rounds before regrouping.

Cedarman

I am still loving Survivor.  Seems as if enthusiasm is waning here.  Anyway, Elizabeth must have been fraying a lot of nerves.  I enjoyed her play.  There is going to be a lot of blood from all the backstabbing that is coming up.

Jeff

THere is something about this season that seems different. I can't lay my finger on it. Its not drawing me in. I'm watching, but it seems its more like I am simply observing. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I have missed several episodes so it is all a new game for me.  Yes, the dramatics seem ho-hum but the show is still better than whatever is second best on the tube.  It's actually the only thing that I look forward to watching.

Raider Bill

I'm pulling for the geek Christenson
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Wenrich

Sheldon plays Survivor.  Love him on puzzles.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Magicman

Last night's episode had some drama and dramatics.  No matter who does it to whom, I love to see twists and there could be even more with the advantage and idols. 

btulloh

Kind of a unique twist last night.  I was glad to see Big Bang Theory make it through.  He's kind of interesting.
HM126

WV Sawmiller

I enjoyed last night. It clearly showed the value of the alliances. Not too sure how long they will last but keeps things interesting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Percy

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 15, 2018, 09:04:50 AM
  I enjoyed last night. It clearly showed the value of the alliances. Not too sure how long they will last but keeps things interesting.
Yes..Last night was awesome.....That mike fella kinda left the "Strike Force" as Christian calls it. He will have to stick with his tribe alliance as his credibilty is kaput. I got blindsided last night....until the votes were counted, I had no idea John was even on the table....Slick move. If I was Nik, I would have played the idol nullifier thing and punted Angela....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Chuck White

Real good show last night, double blindside and everything and the one with only 2 votes goes to the jury!  :)

With 2 idols cast last night, I have no prediction of what will happen next time, but one of them better watch out! ::)

Magicman

Well played.  There are still too many players and too many twists ahead for me to lean toward a favorite.

Chuck White

The game is not unlike politics, I feel that in politics that the political party lines should be dropped once you are in office!   At that point, you work for everyone, not just one side of the fence!

These guys started out on the David or the Goliath team, but the teams are in the past, and the players should go with what they have now, one team and just vote out which ever player needs to go and stop with the D&G!

I did like it tonight with the nullifier, and the idol players name on it!

Well played!

Cedarman

As George Peppard was known to say "I love it when a plan comes together".
If the Davids stick together they can get to a final five.  If not, any one of them can get knocked out.  If they can get one of the Goliaths to vote for Christian and he uses his idol and a Goliath doen't have one, then it will be 5 to 4.  They control their destiny.
Silly of Goliaths to meet as a group in front of the Davids.  If they had met in two's or three's, it would have confounded the Davids. IMHO of course.
The game is on .  Love it.
Can you imagine Dan's mind when he realized he went from totally safe to totally vulnerable.
What a sinking feeling.  

btulloh

Another interesting twist.  I still don't have a favorite, but at least my un-favorites are getting voted off.
HM126

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!