iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FINALLY - I am allowed to show you my pictures

Started by teed, November 16, 2018, 06:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]FINALLY - I am allowed to show you my pictures of Logosols new Supermill. The pictures where taken a year ago when Logosol presented The Supermill for a selected small group of people. Supermill is a new innovative bandsaw mill. All is computer controlled. The log lifts are raised and lowered by computer-controlled servomotors and can be lowered very fare down to allow easy lifting of logs. [/font]

Supermill Sawmill 2019 | LOGOSOL - YouTube
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Southside

Hummm, that monorail sure looks familiar. What capacity does it have? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

teed

Quote from: Southside logger on November 16, 2018, 07:54:04 AM
Hummm, that monorail sure looks familiar. What capacity does it have?

I'm not 100 percent sure. But if I understand correctly, it is the same as the Logosol Band751 but the saw head is built to be able to expand

Crusarius

Southside

That's a very nice feature. The deck moving is interesting too.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Crusarius

deck moving sure would make loading it alot nicer if you do not have support equipment.

samandothers

teed

Quote from: Southside logger on November 16, 2018, 08:42:51 AM
That's a very nice feature. The deck moving is interesting too.

I really like the deck moving to. You can build a more stable head if don't need to move up and down.

Ljohnsaw

Very nice, indeed!  For the (small) pine shown, it looks like a great match.  Lifting some of the 24-34" logs I'm dealing with might be a bit much for it.  Wonder if there is going to be a Wide version announced soon? ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

teed

Woodsplitter

It cost 158000 sw/kr standard 6,5m and 3 servomotors.
Check it at www.nysagat.se.

teed

Quote from: Woodsplitter on November 16, 2018, 03:48:30 PM
It cost 158000 sw/kr standard 6,5m and 3 servomotors.
Check it at www.nysagat.se.

In Sweden yes, but I don't know the price on us market

Ljohnsaw

So US$17,500 for a 21' mill.  I'm assuming the servo motors are for the log bed.  Wonder what weight it can handle/servo.  Wish they had a translated web site to look up the specs.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bruno of NH

I like the idea
But how well will it stand up to turning big logs on the arms.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ianab

Quote from: Bruno of NH on November 17, 2018, 01:29:02 PMBut how well will it stand up to turning big logs on the arm

From what I can see the common trees in Sweden are Norway Spruce and Scots Pine. Likely don't grow many huge logs due to the climate, but lots of nice straight medium size softwood, like the logs in the video.  Mill is designed to cut the sort of logs that grow locally I guess. Northern parts of the US / Canada seem to have similar forest types too.

It would struggle with many of the NZ and Aussie logs, but that's not the market it's designed for. Not many 4ft dia Eucalyptus logs in Sweden. ??? :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

barbender

I agree Ian. Even the Baltic Birch is pretty nice and straight. We'll see if Logosol releases it ito the North American market. I think Euros tend to view us as gorillas, they design a well engineered, good functioning machine and we get ahold of it and destroy it😂 When Ponsse equipment first came to the woods of MN, there was a lot of updating and reinforcing that went on. In fact, I think you can credit NA loggers for the durability of the current Ponsse line up, thank you very much!😂 Ponsse was telling customers back at the start, that you couldn't cut hardwood with them. We did anyways. Broke lots of stuff😊 Ponsse kept building it heavier. Another example I saw was Huldtins grapples, they specifically market "North American" models of some grapples that have heavier construction and reinforcement 
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!