iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Panel door limits

Started by flip, January 31, 2008, 09:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

bedway

Nicely done Flip, being a woodworker myself i can appreciate your craftsmanship and ability. Ive actually had people want something built out of oak and then painted,,,,go figure!,,,bedway

flip

Here's the pretty much finished product...

This pic is what I had to work off of.

This thing is still wet from the second coat, please don't think I glossed it :)

This is a view of the inside.  I veneered the 1/4" luan panels with flat sawn cherry.

The door is still wet so I didn't install it in any of these pics.

I kinda talked to the customer today and we hee hawed around about the price.  I know what my supplies and hardware, screws and other stuff cost me but what would someone expect to pay for something like this.  Please be honest, I value any and all opinions and have pretty thick skin so don't hold back, I will not be insulted by #s you throw out.  She will be a repeat but I don't want to blow her out of the water either. 

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

SwampDonkey

Looks real good flip. My only concern at this point is how your going to get it through that door. ;D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bedway

Six to eight hundred,,,bedway

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 19, 2008, 01:06:56 PM
Looks real good flip. My only concern at this point is how your going to get it through that door. ;D

cheers

Sd
Maybe he'll use the big overhead door in the background... ::) ::) :) :)

Nice work, Flip :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Oh yeah! I see now.  ;D

Thanks for pointing it out.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

metalspinner

Quotewhat would someone expect to pay for something like this.

I wouldn't pay for that... but would build it myself.  ;D :D

But, if I were selling it, my target would be in the $1,200 - $1,500 range.  A cabinet that size from one of the catalogue companies is at least that. ::)  Remember that she is not only paying for a cabinet, but your craftsmanship.
Heck, I bet your materials alone are in the $400 range.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Patty

I was thinking the $1200 - $1500 my self...as a minimum. The case is beautiful, the wood is solid, and the craftsmanship superb. Don't be hasty to sell yourself short.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

isawlogs

I would put 1400$ on the tag . Ya got to be able to get something for the head scratchin'  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

flip

Post script to this thread...

I delivered and installed Saturday, setteled on $1850.  We are both happy, which is what matters most plus I got another job out of it from a neighbor. :)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

8)   Good for you!

It was a beautiful piece, one she will own for several years.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Glad you got compensated fairly, flip.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!