iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help to identify Case Tractor

Started by redbeard, October 18, 2010, 12:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Trying to figure out year and model of this Case. My grandfather owned it and we lost track of it back in the early 80s.Can anyone Id this antique?  I do know it was gas,it had PTO and a thresher drum on side, It spent its lifetime in Eastern Wa. Selah and Yakima to be exact I think its mid or latter 50s.  Please help if you can thanks

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Corley5

Looks like a VA to me  :)  They were made from 42-55.  That's as close as we can get as to the year without a serial#.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Okrafarmer

VA is my guess, unless it is the earlier V. You need to ask Paul Case.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Corley5

It's a VA.  The engine valve cover is evident in the pic.  The V series had flathead Continentals while the VA series had Case's own valve in head engines.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

paul case

paul case(no relation) thinks you all are right va case. there is a online group of folks at yesterdays tractors.com that love to figure stuff like that out. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Roxie

We looked in the Case History book and Corley is right!  Who needs yesterdays tractors with experts like these?   :)
Say when

redbeard

Thanks for info everyone now we can put a name on it in the family album, I was 12 when i drove my first tractor and this was it alot of fond memories some not so good because the brakes never worked that good and you didn't want to loose a gear,especially with no implement on the 3 pt that was the brake. then you were in for a ride the pear trees would always stop you though.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!