iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered a Cord King 18-30 today, comes early Nov.

Started by stumpjumper83, September 26, 2013, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpjumper83

So I jumped in, ordering a cord king m1830.  Its a small bar saw unit, tandem axle, live deck operator seat, 12' offloading conveyor, 16' infeed, 6 way adj wedge.  Gas motor.

Have my wood lined up in the form of fresh poles on the landing and a big pile of dry poles to run thru it. 

Have support equipment like 2 single axle dumps, a midi excavator w/ hyd thumb, ctl with grapple, and forestry dozer.  Friend has 3 log skidders and a harvester.

Idea is to buy junk low end wood on the stump, process on landing and deliver with the dumps...

Anyone else have a cord king?

pat smith

Watched one on you tube , that's pretty awesome!! i just had a wood splitter and never used it cause it was slow always split with maul unless i was in pecan wood, but i would think that thing spitts out the wood !!!

beenthere

That is great, and bet you will have sleepless nights waiting for it to arrive.
I see a video on a Cord King 1830 but it has a circular cutoff saw, not a bar.
But an 1820 shows as a chainsaw bar. Does the 1830 come with an option?
What is the log size limit?

What do you have to feed it?

The video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vlcenPSePo
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpjumper83

24" .404 harvester bar is the cut off, dunno if a circular was an option on the smaller models.  Its basically a stretched m1820, as I needed a longer infeed than 12'.   They tell me 20" is what its designed for diameter wise.

Feeding it wise, I have several pieces of construction equipment, first choice being the excavator.  That way I can just spin the logs 180 and set them on the live deck.  If I have to carry the logs at all I'll bring the tracked skid steer in and use that.

I did look at the larger models, but they are too productive.  10 full cord an hour is faster than I can haul it away from the machine.  I chose this one cause it sizes well with my dumps.  I don't need to make wood any faster than I can deliver it.

thecfarm

That is quite the unit. I saw them at the woods expo in Bangor,ME. I forgot how many differant ones they brought to the show,6? Right from a small one to the big one. They had them all in line. Looked impressive.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Leigh Family Farm

Stumpjumper83, where in PA are you cutting? Any chance its within a decent drive of Philadelphia? I sure would like to see your set-up and the processor in action when it arrives.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

stumpjumper83

Quote from: kilgrosh on September 27, 2013, 09:29:48 AM
Stumpjumper83, where in PA are you cutting? Any chance its within a decent drive of Philadelphia? I sure would like to see your set-up and the processor in action when it arrives.

Oh about 5 hrs away, 16743 is the zip code.  Nearest civilization is Bradford, pa.

Leigh Family Farm

So I'll just jump in the Learjet and be right over!  :D I'm gonna just wait for the pictures of your set up...
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

stumpjumper83

well I got to looking and measuring and decided some changes had to be made, machine is standardly equipped with a 12' conveyor.  Clearance height of 8'.  I have 2 medium duty dumps that are very close to that already, and the capacity to load a semi trailer might be nice, so I bumped the conveyor to a 16'.  There went another grand...

stumpjumper83

Ok, so things have changed a little.  My buyer moved up my delivery date on my wood so I had to get a processor quick like.  So I had to change some things, and I'll be posting a new thread tomorrow with pics!

saxon0364

I was logging up your way a little while ago.  North Of Lantz Corner off of 219.    You are certainly in the right place for a steady supply of poles.
More log trucks moving through there than I'd care to count. If you have the customers for the wood you should do well.
I just delivered my 76 cord of wood for the year after work today.   That's a drop in the bucket compared to what your planning huh?  :D
Nothing wrong with quiet.

stumpjumper83

Quote from: saxon0364 on October 22, 2013, 09:49:24 PM
I was logging up your way a little while ago.  North Of Lantz Corner off of 219.    You are certainly in the right place for a steady supply of poles.
More log trucks moving through there than I'd care to count. If you have the customers for the wood you should do well.
I just delivered my 76 cord of wood for the year after work today.   That's a drop in the bucket compared to what your planning huh?  :D

Yes your in the right area saxton, about 30 minutes away.  And yes, pole wood is not in short supply.  Volume wise, I have 104 face cord already promised, and hopefully delivered in the next 7 days!  No clue on the year yet as the main buyers isn't even buying yet.

dave_dj1

Did you ever get your processor?
Sorry, I just found your other thread. Looks nice.

Contour

Hi how's the m20 30 going, have also ordered one is currently on the water,

thecfarm

Contour,welcome to the forum. Would like to see pictures of yours too when you get it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Contour

Thanks, it was a choice between cord king or blockbuster 2220, could get the cord king cheaper by 30000 so was a easy choice, will put a few up in couple week when it arrives.

Thank You Sponsors!