iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT15 Tracking

Started by firefighter ontheside, March 03, 2018, 12:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

I noticed that my blade was tracking too far out on the wheels.  I adjusted the tracking and made the blade track perfectly on the wheel where the tracking adjuster is, but it did not seem to affect the drive wheel.  Am I missing something that one of you can tell me?  Thanks.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

ladylake

Do you have the guide rollers backed off so they don't affect the tracking.. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

firefighter ontheside

I did not try that.  I did make sure they were level though.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

MartyParsons

Hello,

Here are some tips.
It is not common to adjust the tracking. If the tracking changes rapidly. Check blade tension, damaged blade ( try a new blade) , wheel belts worn, adjustment bolts loose on drive side, idle side adjustments or blade guide roller flange spacing. Bearing on the LT15 idle side pivot ( very uncommon but possible). Wheel bearings. Also very uncommon.

Adjustment on the idle side. Turn the horizontal bolt clockwise to move blade out and counterclockwise to move blade in. There are spacers on the bolt. Once you turn the adjustment make sure these spacers are tight , you should not be able to turn them. I see many mills with the bolt not tight.

Adjustment drive side. Think about the wheel above the sawdust shoot facing the wheel. You need the wheel to move in the same direction as you need the blade to move on the wheel.

Hope this helps.
Marty 
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

firefighter ontheside

Thanks Marty.  Here's what I had done before I noticed the tracking.  I had adjusted the tension on the idle side guide because it kept opening up on its own.  Then raised the drive side guide because it wasn't the same height above the bunks as the idle side.  I also made sure the guides were level with the bunks.  I can't be certain that the tracking has recently changed.  I just noticed it wasn't where it should be....1/8".  I will try a new blade and possibly new wheel belts.  I have new ones and don't know how old the current ones are.  I got this mill recently second hand.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!