iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need to have some bands sharpened

Started by squidboy51, February 07, 2016, 08:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Just Google:  North Fork/Moss Landing and we'll all know!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

joegeds

Are you willing to mail your blades somewhere?  Hayes Grinding Service has been in business since 1870 (yes, that's an 18 and not a 19!) and they sharpen/hone/grind anything and everything.  Cheap too!  They just sharpened an 80-tooth carbide saw blade for my table saw for only $18.  They sharpen band saw blades, but I don't know how much they charge.  The problem for you is that they are in Detroit.  If you can't find anyone in driving distance and would have to ship them out anyway, I would suggest checking them out.
www.hayesgrinding.com
Ghosts crowd the young childs' fragile, egg shell mind........

Hackermatack

Quote from: squidboy51 on February 12, 2016, 12:34:12 AM
The Wood-Miser Resharp program looks like a good deal for me. I am calling them to get an account tomorrow.

Thank you all for the valuable and entertaining replies. I especially enjoyed the "where in the hell is North Fork/Moss Landing". I will edit my profile to remedy my vagueness.

squid

If The WM blade exchanged does not work out Cooks also has a blade sharpening service and makes blades for most mills. I am able to get my blades sharpened locally so I have never used the service but I like Cooks blades. Price is a little better than WM but not much.
Jonsered 2230, 590, 70E. Kioti DK 35 /w fransguard winch. Hudson Oscar 236

outpost22

Squid
There is a place here in Oregon that sharpens for .85 cents a foot. They also do the set as well.  It might be closer (less shipping cost) than the other places named here.
They have been in business since 1978.  I spoke with them yesterday as they come highly recommended.  Hopefully it's o.k. to post links here (I have no affiliation with this business). If not I apologize ahead of time if I've broken protocol.

http://sawsystems.com/index.html
Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

KirkD

Quote from: outpost22 on February 19, 2016, 10:39:54 AM
Squid
There is a place here in Oregon that sharpens for .85 cents a foot. They also do the set as well.  It might be closer (less shipping cost) than the other places named here.
They have been in business since 1978.  I spoke with them yesterday as they come highly recommended.  Hopefully it's o.k. to post links here (I have no affiliation with this business). If not I apologize ahead of time if I've broken protocol.

http://sawsystems.com/index.html

$11 a band plus shipping seems high?
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

squidboy51

If you need some help with milling questions, I found the "Mother Lode of Answers".

Thanks to all of The Forestry Forum moderators, members and sponsors.

squid
Woodland Mills HM 126, Dresser 125G with 4 way bucket, 1950 Ford 8N, Stihl 048 and MS170, antique Clyde Iron Works (1889-1947) cant hook.

Thank You Sponsors!