iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

380C Timberjack Skidder

Started by BargeMonkey, January 06, 2014, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

So I think my franklins headed down the road, and ive been tossing around going deep for a newer cable or big grapple..but.. I found a clean 380C last night, well within my cash budget, right size tires, everything. What can anyone tell me about it, its just big enough but not a monster, and clean cable skidders are getting harder to find. Its a 95, lower hours but do any of you guys have one or experience around one ?

ga jones

I have one. Haven't had it long but friends of mine have for years. Great machines. Clark transmission is strong. What winch? Long frame or short?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

I would call it a "long frame", and it has the deere 4k winch. Its got 23.1 on it, and doesnt look all beat up. How many trees are you getting behind yours ?  That machine wont winch on the go correct ?

treeslayer2003

i'd love to see it. why wouldn't it winch in gear? clarks will, should be same.

BargeMonkey

Well I didnt jump fast enough, shes gone. The salesman has a clean 640E with new 28Ls on it, I dont know heard the E series wasnt so hot. Life is rough I tell you. Lol

ga jones

Too bad. I'm not a deere fan so can't help you there. You can winch on the move as long as the machine is actually moving if u stop so does the winch
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

I figured if I could buy it right, someone beat me to it.  Lol. Ive got a jack forwarder that will run forever, but im afraid the day will come where some of the parts just wont be there. Try finding a clean 540-640 with lower hours for under 100k, they just arent out there right now.

ehp

look north in Ontario , there is a 2007 JD 540 with 2900 hours on it , with 23.1 by 26's on it , cable skidder , looks to be in real good shape by the pictures the guy sent me , asking $87, 000 for it so $80,000 under his nose would take it , where the guy lives its flatter than anything and no rock so skidder it not beat up at all and looks like new , not sure in the States if that is a good deal but for up here I think its not to bad

Thank You Sponsors!