iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrett 20 Skidder update

Started by tantoy, November 22, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tantoy

Pretty much have it all finished. Just some pictures of me and the machine. Taking out a load of cotton wood.

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

kiko

Looks great... But you may need a little more head room!

terry f

lynde37avery

Looks like a picture from the 1960s or something.
Great job on the rebuild.  Wanna do my timberjack  one day?
Detroit WHAT?

Ron Scott

~Ron

beenthere

tantoy
Is this the culmination, so to speak, of the Garrett 20 thread started some while ago?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,73068.msg1104831.html#msg1104831

Seems would be good to tie them together.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ClarkF66

Looks awesome :)  Greatest thing when you can start using a machine that has been restored almost to new condition.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

David-L

Nice lookin skidder. Is that a block heater I see. congrats.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

47sawdust

Tantoy,
Very nice job.How tall are you?Just to get a sense of the size of the skidder.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

North River Energy

Excellent.

("Hey, does this skidder make my ______ look big?")  :)

tantoy

Yes beenthere thanks for the link, I am standing about 6' 2" with boots and hat, I think most gypo loggers in the sixty's were a little shorter! And thanks for all the help along the way guys.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

HiTech

Great job, looks really Professional. That little machine will still pull you a lot of wood. Enjoy the Fruits of your Labor.

dgdrls

That is a Dandy machine,  Really well done!! 
what does it have for a Power Plant??

Dan

Ed_K

That is one kool rebuild, enjoyed reading and watching your skidder rebirth.
Ed K

sandersen

OUTSTANDING JOB!  What a transformation...and to finally put the ole girl to work.  Wow. Congratulations!
"Make every step count."

mad murdock

Very Nice!!  Garrett was always good at putting a lot of HP in a small package
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

lopet

You put a lot of time and effort in that little skidder.  It's time to enjoy it now. smiley_thumbsup
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

crazy4saws

Congratulations Tantoy! That model 20 restoration like fantastic, I know from what little Ive done so far that you have spent alot of time on it.

I like the offsetting the blade lift cylinder colors to the black. The stickers or stencil work looks good. I hope mine comes out that nicely but Im not holding my breath. I want to see it pull before investing money into the paint haha. Is that husky a 281 or 288? I have a 281xp and it never slows down. It puts my rebuilt 066 to shame, very nice saw.

If you get a chance post some pictures of it pulling!!

larry1

Wow !  nice old iron  , ready for another life -enjoy  . Those are great machines for woodlots that you want to select cut . In fact a guy was hired to thine pine on a plantation with one ,so he wouldn't damage the other trees .

Thank You Sponsors!