'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

caver

I want to go but am too cheap to spend $15 for admission.  ;D
Baker HD18

Bibbyman

Quote from: caver on May 25, 2009, 09:52:08 PM

You'll probably make that up in free-bee's. 

Besides,  we always stock up on small items that the vendors have there.  Even some large items - like banding, blades, parts, etc.  Saves a ton on shipping costs.

Mary and I plan to be there.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

LeeB

I an't too familiar with Mizzry. What part of the state is this place in? I think I'm off on those days.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bibbyman

Quote from: LeeB on May 28, 2009, 01:58:03 AM
I an't too familiar with Mizzry. What part of the state is this place in? I think I'm off on those days.

Just head east until you hit 55 and then go north a bit.  The snow is in Cape Girardeau, Mo. between St. Louis and Memphis.

Here is more info.

Midwest Forest Industry Show
Sawing since '94

caver

Quote from: Bibbyman on May 27, 2009, 07:14:00 PM
Quote from: caver on May 25, 2009, 09:52:08 PM

You'll probably make that up in free-bee's. 

Besides,  we always stock up on small items that the vendors have there.  Even some large items - like banding, blades, parts, etc.  Saves a ton on shipping costs.

Mary and I plan to be there.

Good freebies huh? I may reconsider.
Baker HD18

ADAMINMO

Theres no snow there this time of year Bibby! Least I hope not.

Bibbyman

Quote from: ADAMINMO on May 28, 2009, 04:44:24 PM
Theres no snow there this time of year Bibby! Least I hope not.

Snow, Show,  Kind of looks the same when you get my age.  You young wiper-snapper!

smiley_old_guy
Sawing since '94

LeeB

I thought maybe you was trying to scare everybody off so you could get more of the freebees for yourself. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

littlechub

sure would like to go to this one, its not too far from where i grew up. got a pretty full slate for this month doubt i make it.

Kansas

I made the one in St Charles the last time they had one there. I would have liked to have made this one, but thats an even longer drive. You should easily be able to wangle enough new blades out of the various exhibitors to make up the admittance cost. I can't remember for sure now, but I believe I got a half dozen from the St Charles show.

semologger

We plan on being there. Hopefully we get some snow. Ive been burning up lately. The only way i can stay cool is sitting in the Current River with a beer in my hand.

I wonder how the tour of the mills are. For $50 bucks i doubt i will be going on that tour. Sounds like fun though.

littlechub

whew, the ole current river, i still pucker up when i think back to the time i laid down in the spring branch at hunter landing.

semologger

June 27 is a day to remember for me. I almost died 17 years ago. Diving in the river and broke my neck. I pinched my spinal cord in 2 places and broke 3 vertabre. It wasnt current river though. I might have to miss the show and go swimming. Ive swam on that day every year since.

littlechub

sounds like your lucky to be walkin and talkin, a buddy in highschool done the same thing jumping into the black river over between williamsville and piedmont.

Bibbyman

Has anyone made motel room reservations yet? 

Mary's been calling the motels on the list and they're pretty pricy - all over $100 to $120/night.  The MWFS flyer says to mention the show to get a discount.  They've never heard of the show and don't have a discount.   >:(

Hotel Information

I guess we'll try Motel 8 or Days Inn out a ways. ::)
Sawing since '94

caver

You can probably get a decent room for half that in Sikeston/Miner.
Drury/Pear Tree Super 8, Country Hearth. All at exit 67 on I55.
cape is a college town and has much more to offer than Sikeston so can probably get away with much higher rates.
Baker HD18

Bibbyman

We'll be coming down I55.  Sikeston is about 30 miles further down the road from the Cape. 

We have staid in Jackson before and it was not bad.  Its about 10 miles north of the Cape and a little off I55. 
Sawing since '94

caver

I live in Sikeston, forgot to mention that.
Baker HD18

WMcGinn

Hey,   this sounds like fun.... I've never attended one of these shows.... but I was told that I'd see everything to do with Sawmilling.     I'm going to try to make it there. 

wm
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures...... right next to the Mashed potatoes.

Jasperfield

I've got a reservation at the Super-8 just off I-55 at exit 99. Tax & all it's about $89.

I'm expecting to be at the show all day Friday and maybe Saturday as well.

I'm not looking forward to the hot weather, though.

wesdor

We are coming down Thursday evening and staying at the Pear Tree in the Cape.  We will be at the show all day Friday and maybe a bit on  Saturday morning. Our daughter lives in St Louis and we are headed back there for Saturday afternoon. Price for the room is $80 per night.

Looking forward to seeing some interesting things and hopefully meeting some of you.

caver

I'm coming up Saturday morning.

If you like Cajun food, there is a place downtown called Broussards.

Not far from Show Me Center there is Burritoville. I think it was started by some college kids.
I ate there once and was stuffed.

Show Me's is a copy of Hooters.
I ate there once and wasn't impressed. Tons of chain resturants near I55 and exit

At exit 99 I55 there is Bucheits, a local farm store chain. My favorite place.  ;D

Baker HD18

Bro. Noble

Well,  LeeB,  If you do attend this show,  it wouldn't be too far out of your way to stop by for a visit on your way to or from ;D  You'd be welcome :)  We went to that show the last time they had it there and enjoyed it,  but won't try it this time.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ADAMINMO

I have been to both Botkin Lumber plants in Missouri. They are pretty neat but I dont think ,myself, it would be worth $50 to go tour.But I have been to several hundred mills and pallet shops throughout the eastern half of the USA working on various equiptmant, so it would be something I have probably seen at one of many other mills. Just my .02 .

Thank You Sponsors!