iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawlex 2009!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2009, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Burlkraft and I have arrived at Sawlex! We've already run into some old friends and met some new ones.  We just got back to our Hotel from setting up the Forestry Forum meet and greet area, ate supper with DR Buck and Kitty, and now were beat. Started at 3 AM this morning from Harrison.  We'll be back to the show early tomorrow. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR_Buck

Same as Jeff said.   We're beat and we didn't leave home untill noon.   From the amount of stuff being setup this evening it looks like it's going to be a full two days to see it all.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

SamB

I'll be there early with 3 dozen fresh donuts and a ceiling tile to add to the display. After culling the first and second attempts on the ceiling tile I finally got one that's not too embarrassing to display.

fishpharmer

Glad to hear you fellas (and gals) made it.  I am heading that way in the morning.  Via Kentucky.  I figure about six hours drive from Lexington.  Don't think I will make the sawmill shootout (which I really wanted to see).  I look forward to meeting Jeff and the others.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Here we are! Show will start soon. Samb has been here with the donuts already!  Burlkraft just picked up a box and walked off with it. ;)

We hear there was a hell of a wind last night and the tenst and such were tore up pretty good.  Seems to be put back together this morning.   

Here are a few shots from yesterday. :)

Jeff

DanG

Jeez, I wish I was there.  I've been before, and I know what I'm missing out on.  I'm gonna hafta have a long talk with Ted Hugger about scheduling that thing when I got something else going. >:(

Keep those pictures coming!  There is already one of some guy in a green shirt and a pretty lady in a pink shirt, that is just begging for a caption contest. ;D 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

Be nice to have some words of explanation too.

Some of these guys going to put their banner on the left side of the page?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

We'll try to post some more words but its really busy here at the ff booth.  Just wait Bib. We got a photo of Wood=Mizer under a blue and yellow tent. Its awesome to see everyone help each other out.  The wind last night destoyed some display equipment.  I'll try to get some more stuff on later.  I have not been outside yet!!

Jeff

Bibbyman

Ask the WM guys about this mill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPop-6PJ-OU

Do they have one there?
Sawing since '94

DanG

"I'm tellin' ya Kevvy, it was right here when I left last night!"

;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

well I finally made it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SamB

Bibbyman I was there for the small mill shootout and
I did not see a LT 20 or LES 20 amongst the fine selection of Wood-Mizer mills at the show. Hope to make it back tomorrow to watch the big boys shoot out. So far the weather hasn't been very friendly to Sawlex, a little rain and lots of mud.

tonto

I'm sorry that I'm gonna miss this show. Really wanted to see the firewood processor competition. Hope to see and hear some results from all you lucky dogs that are there. We have tickets to Dover this weekend. Tried to talk the misses into a road trip but didn't win - to far. Have a great time, Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

JV

Parked my carcass in a chair at the FF booth, enjoyed cookies and conversation with several members.  Ventured out to the demos without my waders and had to do the cow pasture hop.  Mud, mud, and more mud.  Tomorrow promises to be a better day.  Still worth the trip torrential rain and all.  Lots to see tomorrow if my back holds out.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Wallys World

Sure wish I could join ya! But it is my weekend to work! And I am only 5 1/2 hours away. Take it all in and keep the pictures coming.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

DR_Buck

What happens at SAWLEX stays at SAWLEX.    ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Bibbyman

I wondered why I hadn't seen Cedarman on the Forum.  He's up there feedin' Jeff.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Quote from: DR_Buck on May 29, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
What happens at SAWLEX stays at SAWLEX.    ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Sure hope so.   8) 8)
:)

Maybe that belongs in the weight thread.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR_Buck

Here are a few shots aound SAWLEX today.   Note:  the  disclamer of this posting is that following the day at SAWLEX the evening was quickly afflicted by Blue Moon.   ;)

Part of the huge Baker display.

Ron W explaining the wonderfulness of the Forestry Forum to the unknowing.

Some of the visiting crowds at the FF Booth seeking the wisdom of the attending supporters.  ;D

These little metal cant hooks are cute.  Who makes them and are they any good?

Dan Shade and GMMILLS have just come up with the solution for world hunger, global warming and the proper tooth setting for the new 7° blades.

Wood-Mizer announces "what's new for 2009" and it turns out to be their bold move to Baker blue & gold tents.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Note:  Due to hight winds during the evening before SAWLEX opening many vendor tents became casualties of mother nature's rage.  It was a coincidence that Wood-Mizer's rental tent ended up being Baker blue  gold while everyone elses rental tents were white.  :D :D   

One of the highlights of day one was the sawmill shoot out.

Bibbyman

"I'm tellin' ya Kevvy, Sometimes I'd just like to take'm and knock their heads together!"

;D
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Those blue moons can play havoc on the local environment.  :)

We're' here at the show! Here we go!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Its been non stop busy until just now for us here at the Forum booth.

Thank You Sponsors!