iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lake States Logging Congress

Started by Corley5, July 30, 2003, 08:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Norm my meeting gets over at 1 or 2. Tammy will be going ahead with tthe truck to the fairgrounds to get camp set up. You should have no problem spotting the truck. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I got a phone call from da U.P. State fairgrounds. They said I will be on lot 16 in pocket park. She said that pocket park was closet to the festivities. That part of the camping is now full but she said if soemone shows up to camp, they will find a spot.

If anybody is coming and wants my cell phone number to help find Tammy and I, send me an instant message

dewwood

Did everyone make it home ok?  I got in this evening, its almost 500 miles for me.

Did anyone else show up today?

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

chet

I think Jeff and I were da last two dogs left. Jeff and Tammy hit the road at about noon today, Judy and I hung around till dey shut da doors as we had less than a 2 hour drive home.
DA yooper customs officers must be holding Jeff at da bridge, cause he should have made it back by now.  ;D
Nope, no new forum members today, but dat don't mean they weren't there. We heard at one time we were only a couple of displays away from Kevin, but we never did spot him through the whole show. Dem Canadians sure can be elusive when they want to.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Home safe and sound DW. Pretty tired. Didnt see anybody new today, never did see the Sault St. Marie Phantom that Tammy and Judy saw. I'll post some more after I wind down and wind back up. ;D

Kevin

I was there from about ten in the morning till mid afternoon.
Watched the chainsaw comps from the upper deck, just about baked in the sun, did a final run on the building and pulled out.
The show was great and larger than expected.
Great weather and lots to see, looked for members of the gang but didn't see anyone other than the two gals.

Jeff

Here is a shot of the gals that set a new Logging congress record, and they say possibly new world record in the Jill and Jill 10 inch white pine bucking. The Time has to be submitted and varified but all indications were that it was broken.

Ron Scott

Got home just before midnight Friday, leaving after "soup" with Jeff & all. It was great meeting more Forum members and the Woodmizer crew.

Now "catching up" some after the week in the UP.;  need to get the paperwork for a proposed timber sale out to the landowner for review, check some active logging jobs, and get ready to leave for 2-3 weeks to northern California, Lake Tahoe, to visit oldest daughter and family, and then to Montana to visit a son in Bozeman.
~Ron

Shotgun

Well,it was sure nice meeting Jeff and Tammy, and Chet and Judy. Heard that Ron Scott was in the area, but I misssed.  Did meet Dewey. Good to meet you folks.  Thanks Jeff, for making this and many of other things possible with your computer talents and drive. You're a real winner in my book.

Sorry I missed you Ron. Was looking forward to a visit.  Guess I'll just have to track you down in your home county if I want to make that happen.

Norm Remington
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Don from Mobile Dimension relaxes after da weenie soup and trys to see if you can really get to Oregon from Michigan. :)

Mark M

Hope everyone had a good time at the congress. Plans changed at the last minute so we could not go. :'( Moving to da turdy room house has taken so much time we don't get to do anything else. I'll be glad when it is over.

Mark

Jeff

Tammy and I arrived in Escanaba around 9:00 A.M. Thursday. She dropped me off at Meadwestvaco and went on to da fairgrounds and set up camp. About 1:30 she picked me back up and we drove to Dagget, about 40 miles beyond Escanaba to pick up a log bed at mottocedar www.mottocedar.com and then returned to da fairgrounds around 3:30 where we met up with Dewwood almost immediately. Dewey was camped about 3 spots away from us.
Dewey's Rig

We also got to meet Shotgun briefly about that time. Shotgun came back later the next Day and Chet and I got a chance to have a great visit with him. Dewey Tammy and I then went in to Town for Supper. After returning to camp we visited a while longer then turned in. Tammy and I found the tent pretty comfortable. Her more then I. I got up 3 times and she slept all night so she never found out that the temp dropped into the upper 30s! In exchange for Supper the night before, Dewey fed me a great breakfast so Tammy could sleep in.

Chet and da Wax Lady showed up about 9:00 and Tammy and I met them near the Michigan Association of Timbermens tent...

...where I was taking pictures of da MAT ladies. MaLissa and Nola. ;D

More to come...

oakiemac

Where was all the Forestry Forum people hanging out? I went through the camp grounds twice looking for a truck or camper with a sign. Didn't see any. Had a good time at the confrernce anyways. Hope everyone else did too.

Oakie
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

We were right near the fence looking at the Baker boys. Couldn't have been closer to the equipment.

Wood-Mizer was on the opposite end. Kevin Corder and the whole Wood-Mizer crew stopped in Friday night for da weenie soup as did Sawmill John and Don of Mobile Dimension.

I got to saw for the first time on an MD mill! Only took a couple passes, but I can say I did it!

Kevin Corder told me that Wood-Mizer would have an LT300 set up and running at St. Louis MO. and I would be able to saw there. ;D

Bibbyman

You've already tested out the seat and know where the cup holder should go.

Hope I'm there with a camera. ;)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Oh boy, looking forward to a photographic record of that. I'll prolly hit a dog. :D

Jeff

Here are a couple more pics from the congress I took while visiting the Mobile D guys.

Mobile Dimension Blades and a sharpener built by da dude in the next picture below. Sawmill john, on the right.

sawmill_john

Thanks Jeff, hey were are the instructions on the famous soup that every one enjoyed friday?  I'll be posting some pictures soon, I found another function our sawmill excells at, you'll have to what and see the pictures.  I really enjoyed talking with ever one over the few days, and that reigon of the country is very nice.  It looked a lot like home but with out the mountains, and the trees are a little smaller.  Couldn't ask for nicer wheather,  Thanks again for the soup Jeff, and those ice cold adult sodas.

John

oakiemac

Adult sodas!!! Dang! Now I'm really mad that I didn't find the Forestry Forum tent.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

sawmill_john

here are my pictures from the show which now seems so so long ago.

LC's sunset resort

beer and soup for all, now that was a real joy! Thanks again guys the food and cold drinks really hit the spot!

good times!

notice the pastes warming near the exhaust, they tasted better than the fresh ones!, even with the saw chips.

Don't try to take that away from me! ;D

slow down Don! 8)

I have to say I had a great time up there talkin to all you yoopers, I bet your getting cold now, but we sure enjoyed the wheather back in september.

john

Thank You Sponsors!