iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

barko 160A log loader

Started by MICKEY108, December 06, 2013, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MICKEY108

I am looking at a barko 160A loader with a 353 detroit but it has no saw hook ups i was wondering how hard or how much money it would cost it put saw hook up on it

plasticweld

I have one, mine came with a saw. I am assuming it just runs off one of the pumps, if need more info I can take a picture of how mine is plumbed. I think my barko is a early 80s it is an A

MICKEY108

thanks that would be a big help

Southside

I would like to know as well, I have a saw that I want to plumb into my excavator, the two big lines are pretty straight forward, it's that single smaller one that has me scratching my head.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kiko

Not to expensive, mainly the cost of the hoses fittings and possibly a diverter valve. If the swivel tube has a hole through the center even better. However there is a lot to do so I won't go through the whole process until you need it.  Much more expensive on the excavator because there are not enough swivel ports.

smwwoody

most of the time you would use a electric diverter valve on one of the outrigger circuits
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Southside

I can tie in a diverter valve, and I presume the 1" hoses drive the saw motor, pressure and return, but what does the 1/2" line do, as there is only one?
Thanks
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Southside

Thanks Woody, how do I plumb it in?  I had a different saw a number of years ago, we hooked it up to a loader, for the life of me I can't remember how it was hooked up, If I remember right the bar came up on its own, just had to send oil to the valve and it turned, lowered, and returned the bar by itself. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

treefarmer87

i put a sawbuck on my prentice H, i came off the pump and put a valve body in between the pump and control valve, then ran a remote cable control to the valve body. it cost a couple hundred dollars to set up.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

KyLogger

We have got a C70 with a center mount knuckleboom, the truck was a municipality truck, and is plumbed with two hyd. ports in the rear for a hyd. dump trailer with on/off valve. They have pioneer style fittings. Do you think you could plumb up back there? What kinda GPM do you need to run a buck saw?

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

smwwoody

the newer ones take over 40gpm  older ones about 35 gpm
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!