iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leaving Baker Products

Started by ADAMINMO, April 01, 2010, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Well guys I hate to do it but my financial needs call for action. As of April 16th,2010 I will no longer be working at Baker Products. I will be moving on to a new job making a little more money so I dont fall way back in the red. I have enjoyed my employment with Baker as it is a great place to work. Great people and a great atmosphere. But it is time to move on.
  The upside is I can still enjoy the forum and talk with all you great folks on here. I will still be here to help anyone in need that has a question or a problem with their Baker equipment. I have enjoyed talking to all of that have called in over the years to order parts or machines or just had questions in general.
The other upside is that I will be working for a company that my dad works for as well as some other relatives and friends so I am not just jumping into a job where I know no one. So wish me luck in my new venture!!

SwampDonkey

Hmmm, this being April first and all.........  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CHARLIE

I wish you the very best in your new endeavor! I hope the learning curve isn't too bad and that the extra money will be all you need to get into the "black".

Charlie
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ADAMINMO

Didnt think about that Swampdonkey. But this is no joke. I will be leaving Bakers after April 16th.

Thanks Charlie but the learnin wont be bad. I will just be welding bridge plates to begin with.

SwampDonkey

Oh, well then good luck in your new found job.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I'm glad to hear that, Adam.  Not that you are leaving Baker, but that you are going to be welding Bridge plates.  I've had a heck of a time finding a decent dentist around here and my bridges need work, not to mention that I  might need some new work done.  You'll have to let me know were your office is.   ;D

Bibbyman

Best of luck to you in your new direction.  And glad you're not leaving the Fourm and friends behind.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ADAMINMO

I will let ya know as soon as I procure an office Tom.  :D I will give ya good rates to!!
Bibby , you know I cant leave all you guys on here with no supervision!! I may not be on here alot but I will still be just an e-mail away for anyone in need.

ARKANSAWYER

What is in the "black"?   

The best to you and yours and may you not burn any bridges that you may have to cross again.
ARKANSAWYER

Magicman

I wish you the best with your new job opportunity.  The best thing that I read was the part about working with your Dad.  That is the greatest gift of all.  Treasure it...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ErikC

Good luck Adam. My brother is a welder, it's been a good job for him, and hope it will be for you too. Glad you're not out and out leaving the Forum, by the way.
8)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

WDH

Adam,

Best of luck and stay tuned in with us.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawman

Good luck in your new job. Congratulations.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

sawguy21

All the best Adam. The guys at Baker will surely miss you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don K

Good luck Adam in your new job.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

CLL

Best of luck Adam, sometimes moving on is a necessity we hate to do, but have to.
Too much work-not enough pay.

thecfarm

Of course I'll wish you luck and lots of it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tonto

Hey Adam, i was nervous at first thinking you might be joining Jimmy and James from S&S Logging down in Florida. All kidding, aside good luck, sounds like you have friends/family already in place.   
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Todd

C'mon Adam, I can't start talking to someone else when I need help!!  :-\  Good Luck at the new job.  Gotta do the best for you and yours, and sometimes that means moving on.
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

ADAMINMO

Thanks for all the good luck guys.
  Todd , Anytime you got a question I can help with and ya dont want to call Baker you can shoot me a pm and I will be glad to help ya out. I am just changing jobs and not going to forget everything I know and leave the planet by any means.

Thanks Guys!!!

scsmith42

Wow, this sounds like a great opportunity.

A great opportunity for you to work with friends and family.

A great opportunity for you to make some more bucks.

A great opportunity for the folks at Baker to tighten their belt a bit until the economy improves,

and an opportunity for me to call Baker in a few weeks and ask them when all those free parts will be delivered that you promissed me before you left!    :D

Best of success to both you and the great Baker Team.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

mcfcfan

Good luck Adam.
All the best for the future.
Cheers
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

Burlkraft

Good luck Adam   ;)  ;)  ;)

These are tough times and it's too bad a guy has do these things, but ya gotta support your family.

I hope Baker will be okay without you.

Keep in touch   :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Chuck White

I wish you the best of luck Adam.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

caver

Best of luck and thanks for the past help you've given me on my Baker HD18.
Baker HD18

Thank You Sponsors!