Started by Jisgren, June 16, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jisgren

beenthere

Maybe a sawmill .......  ;D

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Now what is going there? ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

schakey

An orange mill sure would look good sitting there.   smiley_thumbsup
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Jisgren
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GDinMaine

A ham sandwich would plug it, but if you only have a sawmill that will work. 
Welcome to the forum. smiley_beertoast
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Bill Gaiche

Well it depends where this is at. Maybe a stack of lumber air drying would fit in there. But then you would possibly need a saw mill to do that. Gosh, I am stumped at the possibilities at the moment.  Anyway, welcome to the FF. bg

thecfarm

Jisgren,welcome to the forum. When will you get it?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

reswire

How about moving the building to my place, and we'll work out the details then?? 8) 8)

Yep, I'm jealous as hell.  Need one like that!
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Jisgren.  An LT40SH would fill it nicely. but your building is upside down. :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jisgren

A little more background may help!  We just bought 100 acres about 90 miles NE of Houston.  Right now is it unimproved land with about. 2/3 in pine plantation. The first thinning was in 2008 and most of the trees appear to be 8-10" DBH.  The other 1/3 is a bayou with large oaks, cypress and magnolia.  We plan to move out there next year.  First project is a tractor barn/mill shed.

I would like to use timber from the property to help build the infrastructure and am considering a LT15 right now.  Seem to be a decent size for what I want to do as I will not have time to do any commercial sawing at this point.

Den-Den

Welcome to FF.  Your place must not be too far from me.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Magicman

Yup, 90 miles NE of Houston puts you in a good neighborhood.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

roboto65

Not to far from me either. Good start to a barn.

Brad_bb

A concrete slab to start with.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jason_AliceMae Farms

A new LT-40 manual can be had for just under $17k for a few more weeks........just another idea =)
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

Jisgren

Got something to fill the hole!

Herb Brooks

Just when I thought a 64 1/2 Mustang would appear.
Edit:   Congrats on the new mill and fine looking new barn/saw shed.

drobertson

that would be on the general forum :D   Man,  nice little mill there,  sounds like you have your work cut out for yourself.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Looks like da hole is properly plugged.  Congratulations!!  ;D

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

al glenn

dboyt

All that's missing is sawdust on the floor!  Congratulations on the mill.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

LittleJohn

Quote from: dboyt on November 12, 2014, 08:36:20 AM
All that's missing is sawdust on the floor!  Congratulations on the mill.
Sawdust only on the floor  :D :D
...more like on the walls, ceiling, window casing, along with every nook and crany it can get into.

OH Yeah and congrats on the mill/shed combe looking GOOD

Jisgren

Here are some better pictures of the shed.

78NHTFY

Welcome the Forum Jisgren.  Nice looking shed and mill!  Here's a pic of my shed 

- same general shape but just a little bit ,HEY, I thought everything was bigger in Texas :D :D.  Congrats as well on getting that 100 acres.  Keep us posted on your land improvements as well...All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!