iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln cart wheels

Started by Fred, September 17, 2004, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Where can a person find small wheels strong enough to hold 3000 bd.ft. of oak lumber ? that will run on a track system..
                     Thanks Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

FiremanEd

I don't know Fred but my LT300 came with a bracket and two such castors under each end. They would easily hold a cart w/ 3000bf and had grooves in them for angle iron tracks and rolled on concrete just fine. I'm sure Wood Mizer could/would tell you where they get them.
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Fred

Thanks I will check it out..fixin to rebuild my kiln and would like to use carts instead of hand loading it.
                            Fred
Baker 18M

Fla._Deadheader

Stay in touch about them wheels, Fred. I'm about ready to start too. I need small ones, for Kiln clearance.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Don_Lewis

Tom

JimY

Fred,
Try King Architectural Metals.  I don't know about their weight capacity but they have 3, 4, and 6 inch cast iron V-groove wheels.  They have roller bearings and are pretty cheap.  Only about 9 bucks each.

Their number is 1800-542-2379.
Address: 8230 Lovett Ave.
              Dallas, Tx  75227
Plus their catalog is a lot of fun to look through.  :)

Jim

rebocardo

Tom

Den Socling

As you have seen, you can buy v-groove wheels from many industrial suppliers. As I've mentioned before, you can use more than 4. More wheels will mean you can use smaller and cheaper wheels. And, if you double the number of wheels, you reduce the weight by half. That might mean that you roll over a piece of bark without noticing it instead of being stopped cold. And smaller wheels mean that your chamber can hold more wood.

Fla._Deadheader

We are looking for small flanged wheels for the tank kiln. We need all the space we can get. ::)  May have to build them myself ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Den Socling

For a cylinder, use single flange. They are flat with one flange that runs on the inside. They are like the v-groove - available everywhere.

Fred

Thanks guys for the info. I am looking into all of it.
                          Fred
Baker 18M

Fla._Deadheader

I've done an Ebay and a Google for flanged wheels. No luck yet.??? Haven't looked REAL hard though  ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ohio_Bill

I have carts built with nyle wheels that hold 1500 bf   4 wheels  per cart .   The wheels have barings and greese fittings.  
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Fred

Do you have any pictures of your carts?
                        Fred
Baker 18M

Tom

Not trying to guide a sale away from a sponsor, I know he produces excellent products, but I got a number at TMS where they say you can speak about kiln wheels, etc.

1-800-887-4027 and speak with Ken Smith.

TMS will be in Moultrie again this year too. :P :)

Ga_Boy

For pictures of a cart design go to this link.  This guy did what I believe is a very nice job on his carts.  I plan on using the same design for mine.

http://maplewood-farm.com

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Tom

That's cause members of the Forestry Forum are "SMART", Ga_Boy. :D

That's member BBTom's website. ;D

Fred

I like that cart I will build mine like that. Only 6' wide.
                    Fred
Baker 18M

Ga_Boy

Tom,

I did not realize he was a member here.  I first found that link over of the good doc's page this past January.

I guess then each of us are in the preseance of greatness! :P
 :D :D :D :D :D

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!