iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

generator

Started by coxy, March 05, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

my 88 yo aunt has a 7500watt gas generator to run her house but has not run in a few years its electric start  but the battery is really small about the size of them battery operated kids toys  i know its 12v can i hook up a lawn mower or car battery to it to start it they told her 130$ for the original battery  

goose63

I don't know why not you can jump start a lawn mower with a pick up
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

i would like to replace the original  battery with a lawn mower battery or car battery  but didn't know if it would bother any of the electric parts with a bigger amp battery if that makes since 

21incher

Is it the same size as the batteries used on a trailer for electric break breakaway? They don't cost much and last pretty long.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

:D battery for electric brake away on a trailer umm never seen one  trailers have brakes  ;D

Southside

12 volt is 12 volt, does not matter how many cranking amps the battery is rated for, it will not hurt the generator. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

21incher

Quote from: coxy on March 05, 2018, 07:36:10 AM
:D battery for electric brake away on a trailer umm never seen one  trailers have brakes  ;D

My tablet is possessed. It keeps changing words on me. At least it is not talking. ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

The generator will start on a larger battery, the starter will only draw the current it needs. Just don't ask the charging system to charge the battery if it gets too low.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

The danger in using a large battery or boosting system on those small systems is you can easily burn up the starter if you crank too long or the starter is pulling too hard. In essence the small battery is the current limiter in those small starting systems as it just cannot put out enough juice to burn things up.

Plus the charging system is not big enough to charge a larger battery. It will overheat and burn up.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

woodmaker

I have been running car batteries on my sanders with B+S engines for years. Those little batteries have major problems turning an engine over at 0 degrees,and the car batteries have made the system reliable
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Thank You Sponsors!