iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much beam sag is acceptable?

Started by KiwiBro, January 17, 2015, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZJake

Well we did our little experiment. Unfortunately the gains were insignificant, lucky to be .5mm gain in strength. You could feel a difference but certainly not worth introducing as a process.

Interesting experiment though. So if a small degree of sag (5mm with our chainsaw mills, equating to 2.5mm in the log) is an issue for anyone you'll have to order the beam split so we can crown it.

The bigger depth galv. steel beam will not have this sag scenario unless lengths over 7.2m are required.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

KiwiBro

Jake, please have your buyers contact me.
Max characters: 300

NZJake

Hi Kiwibro,

I really don't understand your thinking? If the mill isn't right for you why not bring it back? We will sell it on your behalf pretty quick. It should be in the hands of someone that will appreciate it. No use hanging on to something that's not right for you. No need to hold a grudge. I've offered you solutions. If your not keen for them its time to move on.

If you want to discuss any issues you maybe having give me a call or send me an email. Better yet bring the saw down to the factory. We will put a nice hardwood under it. Get some real time footage of it sawing and post it right here on the forum!

We have testimonials on our website and facebook.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Jeff

KiwiBro, you have made your concerns known, and they have been acknowledged here in person by the manufacture. The only purpose for you to continue this topic would be outside of what is allowable on the Forestry Forum. I'm going to lock it. its obvious to me that you have the needed avenue of contact available to you via email to finish up your business with Turbo Saw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!