iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Starter airplane

Started by Dana, January 09, 2018, 07:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

lot of knowledge being shared.
I have a couple of questions I have not seen addressed.
Will he have trouble renting, or jointing a club that has a plane or two because of his age.
What about insurance, I assume it is like auto insurance and age will come into play.
If his insurance works out to be expensive and he partners up with someone or even a few on a plane, how would that work?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

John Mc

Experience is typically a much bigger factor on aircraft insurance rates than age, but I've not looked into this in any depth, since I was in my 30's when I started taking lessons.

Some clubs do not allow student pilots - in part because of insurance concerns. Most that I have run into DO allow student pilots: flight training is one of the reasons they exist.

As far as partnering up, how to split up the insurance is just one of the many things for the partners to decide. It's not a partnership, but my wife and I rent our plane out to someone who has a bit less experience than either of us and also does not have an Instrument Rating. Both of these factors tend to drive up insurance costs. He pays for the cost of adding the rental endorsement to our policy, and the extra involved with having a less experienced and lower-rated pilot.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!