iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ran Across Some Old Photos

Started by tcsmpsi, October 18, 2006, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

Going through stuff, ran across some photos of a few of the jobs had done back in the bldg. days. 

Thought some of them might be of interest,  maybe an idea or two, etc.    I posted several in my gallery.

The 'newest' of them is 'bout 17-18 yrs or so ago.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Don P

Good gracious, y'all have a big problem with basement theft. Never seen them steal one with the house on top before  :D.
That is some nice looking work, I like the interior finish. Looks like you all never got a ground day, its all high work.

bitternut

Looks good tcsmpsi. Did you build that yourself? What is that body of water in the one picture? Are you in a flood plane that required buiding on piers?

tcsmpsi

Oh, have done lots of ground work, too.   :D  Fact, with most, I would have to find the spot to build, clear it, get to it, etc. 

Now, basements down in the part of the world are much less than practical.   ;D  So, stealing them would be one of those 'dumb crook' stories. 

Most of the building proper I have done myself, bitternut, with a helper or two, but nothing really I haven't touched myself.  Al inside work was almost exclusively on my own.  I did a lot of roofing, and had them off on roofs somewhere.

The body of water at the one house is Lake Livingston.  None of those in the pics built on pilings are in any danger of flooding.  Owner preference.   I suppose, in a way, one could consider those kinda as an 'open basement' concept.   :D

I always got a lot of 'odd stuff' to build, made plans in the dirt, scraps of paper and such.   Mostly out of the ordinary, with 'strongly opinionated' owners that most builders would run from.   Which was pretty good, actually, 'cause I tend to be a bit strongly opinionated as well.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

tcsmpsi

Here's a couple kitchen parts of remodel of old houses moved from a city into rural subdivisions.

Owners.  Gotta love 'em.   ;D

After all old cabinets are out, running new electrical, etc...

with a bit of work and material...

And this old house was another from the ground up, and a notable hatchet job.  Literally.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!