iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleep apnea

Started by florida, August 14, 2017, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

I got tested at home ,doing it my self. I had to do it to get my DOT med card renewed. I was put out of service until I got the machine. Then was told I had to be on it for 30 days before I could get my med card. That was NOT true went to a different provider and was told that the first provider could give me a conditional med card for 90 days. That loss of revenue was a$20,000 I was very unhappy. The only benefit that I have got from using it is I'm not as short of breath as before.

xlogger

I'm going to have to reread all this posts again and pay more attention to all the suggestions. My Doctor called and said I tested positive on the sleep test so I've got to make an appt to get a mask.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

submarinesailor

Well I guess its my turn to jump into this conversation. ::)

Back in January I came down with a VERY BAD sinus infection that took two sets of different antibiotics (16 days) and a daily dose of steroids (for the inflammation in my left ear) to finally clear it up.  With all this, plus having an other stout one back in October, the doctors finally give me a referral to the ENT clinic at the new Fort Belvoir hospital.  Yesterday I found out at that 3 broken noses have taken there toll.  The examining doctor couldn't get the scope past the mess to see into the sinus cavity.  The right side is blocked up high and the left is blocked down low.  When I say blocked, I mean they are too narrow to get the scope past the mess/blockage.  No wonder I can't sleep on my back anymore - hoping that's the problems anyways.

I now have a appointment to get a CT of my sinus.  I guess we well see what is going on inside my head....at least the front part anyways.  No telling what's wrong in the gray matter. ::) ::) ::) ;D

xlogger

question for you guys that been thru this. They called me today and wanted to set up an appointment for another overnight to set me up for the equipment. Did you guys here have to do that? I got a little mad and said I didn't think I had to go back in there again. 
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Ljohnsaw

I guess every insurance / medical is different.  I had to go to a class with about 15 other people to explain what apnea was and to show us the equipment.  Then we each took home a diagnostic unit (looked exactly like what I got in the end).  It recorded all night my episodes and adjusted pressures to figure out what I needed.

I returned that the next day for them to read the card.  They called me to say I needed one and they sent it out via Apria (medical supply distributor) directly to my house.  Easy peezy.

Seems like the way to do it.  There was one doctor or nurse talking to the group for 30 to 45 minutes, a tech and/or a Dr. to review the readings (5 minutes?) and order the device.  Done.  Very little "labor" on their part.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Yes,I went back. Once was for the test,than they fitted me with a mask and took the test again. I had to go with one that went over my nose and mouth.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

I didn't have to go back for equipment, but things could have changed over the years. They did want me to go back from time to time to see what changed. After 3 or 4 overnights, I was out of patience. I can stay home and not sleep. I changed Drs. The insurance company wanted a new test for a new Dr, and the Drs office talked them into letting me do it at home. I did have to go pick up the machine, but that wasn't bad, just in the next town
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

xlogger

I'm just got up from my 3rd night with the cpap. I believe I will like it. Sleeping good and over 8 hours a night, usually 5-7. I'm going to try the humidifier tonight maybe, no tried it yet. 

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: xlogger on May 13, 2018, 06:38:36 AMI'm going to try the humidifier tonight maybe, no tried it yet.
IF you are not having a bloody nose in the morning, I would NOT try the humidifier.  It is a fairly high maintenance item.  You need to clean it regularly so mold does not grow in it.  If you want to go camping, most CPAPs can run off 12v, but if you have a humidifier, it will kill a battery in very short order - it draws quite a few amps to run the heater.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

xlogger

I hear you, I'll keep doing like I've been doing, thanks

Thank You Sponsors!