iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Replacing Door on Central Boiler

Started by davewittwer, October 11, 2017, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewittwer

I'm planning to replace the door on my Central Boiler Classic OWB this weekend.  Any tips tricks or things I should watch out for?

petefrom bearswamp

Mine is now 12 years old, havent had to replace the door or even the door gasket for that matter.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Engineer

Not much advice to give.  The only issue you might have is with alignment.  I put my new door on the same way the old one came off, and it was forever swinging shut on me to the point where I had to prop it open to feed the boiler.  I think there might be a hinge adjustment but not sure.

The new door came with two heat plates instead of the single old one, and you can't reuse the old one because the hanger bolts are different.  It does make for a good lawn ornament I guess.  I suppose I should paint mine to look like a gravestone and have it say "RIP Central Boiler 2004-2016" 'cause that's all I got out of it.

davewittwer

Got it done last weekend, pretty easy project outside of the fact that the handle kit was missing a washer and my  old door didn't have one to get specs off of.  I called CB and they wanted me to go through the dealer, for a washer that they forgot.  He said he'll try and get me one, we'll see. 

I chose to replace the door as the treads where the handle bushing goes was stripped out. I plan to refurbish it with a helicoil or re thread but didn't want to mess with it breaking in the cold. 

Thank You Sponsors!