iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Da Beast lives

Started by chet, January 02, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Dug out my old 2100 Husky that has been parked since 1979 with a bad CD unit. I replaced the SEM unit with an old Bosch unit from an even older 285 I had. Cleaned up the carb, and replaced the totally rotted off fuel line, and installed a new plug. A shot of gas down her throat and she fired up an ran on the second pull.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Don't you still have a whole truck load of saws to get running again?  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

HolmenTree

Sounds like a great re-birth of your 2100 Chet.
I have a load of old saws to get running again too and have to sell them off.
So happens my wife is worried that I may leave this earth before she does, and she doesn't want to be stuck with them :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Al_Smith

I'm not sure you can actually "get done" .You might shelve a saw waiting for parts then finally find them but in the mean time amass another half dozen in the process .They are like stray cats,they multiply.

sablatnic

chet

My chainsaw stash does have a rather large extended family.  :D :D :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

HolmenTree

Very true fellas  :)
Stray cats they are but ownership should be rotated after using.

I have one saw in my fleet that I have never run yet and a saw I have never cut with.
It's a 1979 Jonsereds 70E, a very solidly well built saw. Only needs a air filter, cover and chain brake lever.
It has a high quality bar and a brand new Stihl 35RM chain.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

chet

Well I ran dat old 2100CD for awhile today.  I've come to the conclusion dat after parkin' it for 39 years it has developed ALOT more compression or I'm not as strong as I was back in '79. :D

knuckledragger

I'm relieved to know that I am not the only one with a stray cat problem. Seems that without effort or intentions I've acquired numerous chainsaws in various states of disrepair. The stihlhusqered has become a favorite of the challenges facing me. Although the difficulty of incorporating stihlsaw parts is insurmountable at times. I can usually find a way to get the parts I need from husqy, Jonsered, craftsman, and a poulan from time to time. I call these saws" fraunk-n-steen saws. It's alive...alive!!! Da beast lives, ha! Gggv fdf

Maine372

that 200 series is becoming a favorite of mine. I picked up a 266 plus 10lbs of dirt for $25. put less than $100 into it (most expensive piece was a new bar) and it runs like its supposed to. certainly heavier and less comfortable that modern saws, but shes a torque monster.

what I would give to have a 2100 in the fleet. picked up an 1100 one time off CL, guy didn't know what he had. but it was so far gone I gave it to someone who could use the parts. better put to use than sitting on my shelf waiting for a parts donor.

knuckledragger

One more thing, these fraunk-n-steen saws are saws that I give to local guys. I live in a very dual area. Most of the residents are what one might say are financially challenged. So I give the saws to young men who are raising young families. I know what it is to need a strong reliable saw and no way of getting one. Anyway, I don't know if my pic uploaded or not, the saw is a hybrid of a 670 champ and a 266. Turned out to be a beast of a saw. I got a young man in mind to gift the saw to. Can't wait to see the look on his face.

Hackermatack

Quote from: Chet on January 06, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
Well I ran dat old 2100CD for awhile today.  I've come to the conclusion dat after parkin' it for 39 years it has developed ALOT more compression or I'm not as strong as I was back in '79. :D

I have one of those, I use it mostly as a firewood blocking saw. Also use it when I'm using my sawmill to do any trimming that I need to do. It is a little heavy for the mill work but it is a one pull saw to start which makes it nice for that purpose.
Jonsered 2230, 590, 70E. Kioti DK 35 /w fransguard winch. Hudson Oscar 236

tylerltr450

Quote from: chet on January 06, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

I have a 2100 CD with a big 42inch bar I love this saw, I just let her eat and the cut is done.

Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

petefrom bearswamp

You are a generous caring fellow Knuckledragger.
BTW welcome to the forum to you and tylerltr450
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

slider

Knuckledragger I like the way you think. Good man.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!