iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A couple more Paul Bunyan pictures

Started by EZ, November 17, 2004, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Couldnt find the Paul Bunyan thread so I'll just start a new one.

This is Chet,Jeff B. and yours truly.

Bibbyman and me.

This is more of the gang.

This is my honey standing in a big dragline bucket that we stopped at on the way down to Nelsonville, Ohio.
EZ

Pete J

What a great looking bunch!

That bucket is a little large for my needs right now. I think it's good where it sits.

Haytrader

::)
How come ya show closeups of everyone but "yer honey "?
 ;)
Haytrader

EZ

I thought you guys wanted to see the size of the bucket, but I guess I was wrong. I'll see what I can find in the photo album. ;D
EZ

MULE_MAN

I wanted know, why ever picture I see of the Bibbyman he's eating  ???  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Bibbyman

I had to have one of Tammy's brownies!  It came with the Pro-Sawyer Mary special cant hook (in YELLOWESHRED) you can see under Helper Brooke's chin.

I've been showing those hooks to everyone that comes to the mill that handles logs on a regular basis.  All are impressed.

The mill special would make a great "stocking stuffer" for Christmas. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ScottAR

Looks to be the bucket of the famed "Big Muskie" the largest walking dragline ever constructed.  
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

EZ

You got it, Scott. That Big Muskie was really something, they used it for I think 6 years and shut it down. Later on they scrapped the whole thing out except the bucket.
EZ

ScottAR

Just got out the ref. materials...  
The bucket capacity is 220 yards! Mounted on a 310 ft. boom.  A totaling of 28,000 hp for all the machine functions.

Muskie started work in 1969 and was shut down in 1991 due to dimishing markets for the high sulfer coal it uncovered.  Went under the torch in '99.  

I'm such a machinery dork... :D :D

For anyone else so affected...  Earthmover Encyclopedia by Keith Haddock.  

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

EZ

I guess I was way off on the tears it worked. Maybe I was thinking about how long I been sawing. ;D
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!