iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

South Florida Whack

Started by Mooseherder, April 15, 2011, 07:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

My neighbor who moved in across the street hired someone to take some trees down to make room for some fruit trees. ::)
Up until now when good trees come down they are usually cut into firewood pieces before I get to them along side the road for garbage pickup.  That was the case when I got home one evening this week.  The second day I got home in time to talk with the guy cutting them down and asked if he could leave them as long as he could.  These are the result of that.  Short enough for him to get out and long enough for me to attempt making something from them.  I'm thinking a Pole pavillion.  Sure wish I had a bandmill.  Anyone coming south? ;D
I peeled a couple of the shorter pieces.  They'll become legs for a table or something else.
Maybe even firewood.

My Skidder. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCQsXpxwNvE

WDH

Now your yard is a logyard like my yard  ;D.  Nice skidder too.  I have never seen a silver one in the woods.  Also, I can see that logrite is in your future. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Lets see, meals, lodging, and $1.00 per mile one way one time for setup.  I'll saw them for free.  Just call me at: BR549 and we will set up a sawing schedule.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

:D :D :D
And jr will show up at your doorstep.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Yes I need to invest in another log rite.
We have a Mill Special that has been used to roll some pretty good size Logs at the Cabin.
Wish it was with me here.  
It has never seen Mill duty unfortunately.
One of these years we'll get the big ole Circle blade spinning.
MM, I'll make sure you're fed well and have a soft pillow when you're tired. ;D
It was 90 degrees on the Truck display when I skidded those logs.  The poor guy with the chainsaw was whooped.

Tom

I'll bet that a call to Woodmizer might find a mill in your area.  It might be painted orange, purple and chartreuse though.  :D

WDH

As long as it is not blue and orange  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

If a Pink one shows I'll be tickled pink. :)

Magicman

Concentrate, keep your mind on the Sawmill.  Remember, mind on the Sawmill, not Pink.   :-*
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I'm pretty sure your skidder has as rough a life down there as my dogs seem to have here  :)  You need to find bigger logs or a smaller truck  ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!