iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sparkplugs

Started by Glenn, March 18, 2015, 10:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I have a husky 141, jonsered 525 pioneer / partner p52 and a stihl 046 .  All take the same plug cj7y.  I have always used champion with little trouble.  Yesterday my stihl just would not start.  I had been using it all day without issue.  I took the plug out and the ceramic tip was loose and sliding up and down.  I'm glad it didn't break off and go into the cylinder.  I went to napa to get new plugs.  I decided to try ngk but had to order them.  What type of spark plug is everyone using ?

beenthere

Champions have been a pain in my neck for the last 30 years. I avoid them like the plague.
And have reinforced that thought many times over with others who end up with the Champion plug being the problem.
I now use NGK, or Bosch
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Reddog

Wait till you see the new Bosch plugs made in Asia. You will wonder if it be tightened with out breaking.

Next buy will be NGK's again.

JohnG28

Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Glenn

That's why the parts store love Champion - lots of resales !!!

dougand3

I just bought a broken Husky 141. Seller said coil was bad. Had a Bosch plug that looked good but no fire. Changed plug to a Champion RCJY7 and had good fire. Makes me leery of Bosch. I normally go NGK first, then Champion.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

HolmenTree

I still have a couple of brand new West Germany made Bosch plugs I bought in the early '80s. Best plug I ever used. Plugs actually worth cleaning and regaping.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

pabst79

An oldtimer that ran a snowmobile shop that I spent far too many paychecks at  :D, always told me that champion plugs were VOODOO in 2 stroke motors, NGK all the way  :).
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

CR888

I have had good results with NGK, Denzo(Japan), Champion(not my favorite but OK) and Bosh wrs6f? I had a source 2 years ago where l could get the 'made in Germany' bosh wrs6f so l bought a box. Since then l have got ones made in Brazil but not China yet. The German bosh ones are my favorite followed by Denso.

Thank You Sponsors!