iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben, January 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

cdixon4950

Quote from: Puffergas on October 01, 2018, 08:08:18 PM
CDixon4950, what is that??
An old franklin q80 I converted to spray clear cuts ahead of planting pine plantation.

711ac

Quote from: mike_belben on September 19, 2018, 11:28:17 PM
Lotta fab lately, gonna run out of welding gas soon and be in a real bind.  My leased tank needs to go back to massachusetts and ill be without for a while.  

Mike call your MA guy. When I moved, as luck had it My tanks were leased from a small shop in MD that was bought out by Matheson but still call just Lee's gas. Matheson turned out to be close to Nationwide and they had a branch here in ME. I was able to transfer the lease with no problems. You might get lucky. Who's name is stamped into the bottle?

Firewoodjoe

Firewoodjoe

Mule has gotten new lexan new/used seat boom plated for strength with 1/2" then repainted the boom only. New wheel bearing and seal in rear axle. Lights fixed and two boom lights wired with wires through hydraulic hose/steel. One wheel welded and will also be platted some day. Power washed 3 times.

Oliver05262

Now I remember what it was like with shortwood pulp, but if this is the way I get wood to fill the shed, I'll get through it. Couple more loads like this and I'll have next years shop heat in the woodshed. 
  Tree guy clearing a lot for a house bucked it up and left it for me to load and haul home.

Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

mike_belben

Looks like youd put a lot of younger fellas to shame!
Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

There's no doubt about that Mike I've seen him in action,he's no stranger to hard work 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Mike he is a worker for sure 🙂
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Needed to store this one somewhere.. Guy sound pretty sharp to me!   ;D

Hembyggd miniskotare - YouTube
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

My 8 wheeler tore up pretty good on its last run.  I put 4 new springs and new U bolts to get by for now and turned it to a 4 wheeler.  Needs 4 equalizers im not willing to invest but also not ready to put in the full axles i want.  Just flipped it over and hitched up for tomorrow.

Praise The Lord

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

mike_belben

I love the bootyfab equipment over in scandinavia but i just cant figure what 30 dudes actually do with a few debarked fenceposts.  How can there be money in this?  The economics always look like sending 5 workers and 20 spectators to go fetch a dozen eggs.  What am i missing?

Anyways, dragged the new wood truck home today.

Praise The Lord

g_man

I like watching those guys work Puffer. Interesting equipment.

Mike, I see you left enough rubber under the trailer. Nice truck.

gg 

GRANITEstateMP

Mike it's been a while since I've seen a Ford of that body style!  Must not use too much road salt down that way!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mike_belben

Only on the interstate and maybe a couple major arteries.  Rural roads dont even get plowed let alone salted here. Thats why the south really shuts down when it snows.  The roads are crazy narrow, twisty, sharp ditches right on the edge and not an inch of tar to spare.  Very very few guard rails too.

Its not a "southerners cant drive in the snow" thing.  Its a roads with zero margin for error thing.

I still see early 70s trucks in service.  This ones in pretty fair shape, no rot to speak of. 
Praise The Lord

47sawdust

I don't think the tires are big enough....
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mike_belben

Yeah i know.  You think 18.4-26 will fit if i sawzall the hood?
Praise The Lord

Bogue Chitto

Goose neck trailer ripped off tail gate other day.  Had son build new bed. 

Bogue Chitto

Crusarius

That bed looks great. I have been wanting to build one but don't have anything that needs a bed. It is hard getting someone to pay me to build one with where I live. everyone wants something for nothing.

Bogue Chitto

I know what you mean.  Taught my son how to weld when he was 8 

now he he does most of the welding at 21 yrs. old.  I mostly get tools for him.  

mike_belben

Good on ya dad. 

My dad turned me loose at 10.  Been a lotta fixin in the past 28yrs. I have never once had to go looking for employment.  

Jesse james had a coffee table book of choppers and pretty gals with a few pages of anecdotes in it.  One of them that stuck with me was along the lines of 'hey mom, you want your kid to have a job some day? Buy him a welder for Christmas instead of video games.'  

We have more welders than televisions.
Praise The Lord

bwstout

Yep my dad started me a out at 13, went to work for the railroad now 50 plus years still at it working for DOA manging a welding shop. Still like building thing and enjoy this thread have use a  lot of good ideas here fixing my Shade Tree mill ;D
home built mill

Thank You Sponsors!