iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE aviation event

Started by pineywoods, July 29, 2009, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

The time lag between Oshkosh and the PR might be a dealbreaker for next year.  Getting a group together who could spend the better part of 2 weeks on the road and camping out might be a challenge.  Camping out is about the only way I could afford the trip, and I ain't sure my old bones could take it. ::)  This year would have been ideal, since we could have done the whole thing in a week.  Too bad we didn't think of it in time to get it together. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pineywoods

Quote from: Night Raider on August 10, 2009, 10:56:23 AM
Did you make it to the sea plane base?  I'd love to go down one of these years, but as a bush pilot it kind of cuts into our busy season and if the boss lets one pilot take the week off we'd all want to go down.
I made several trips to the seaplane base. one to pick up a boat used to ferry stuff around. Boat had some damage to be repaired. Another to retrieve a pontoon boat that lost the wood transom and dumped a nice new mercury outboard in the lake. Would you believe some nut ran a golf cart in the lake ? I got the assignment to repair it. Then I got to haul it all back after the repairs were done. The sea plane base is several miles south of the oskosh airport, located in a quiet little cove off lake winnebago. Not many slips, the planes are anchored to buoys out in the cove. There's several boats available to ferry people and stuff back and forth. It's a real neat, laid-back place. Camping is available and there's a shuttle buss to and from the airport.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!