iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Restoration under way

Started by slider, April 14, 2014, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I finished up most of the back end this week.I boxed in the rear of the frame and installed quick connect couplers for the air lines.This way the come out the rear of the frame instead of behind the bunk where they look messy to me.It will give the rear frame section a cleaner look.I tied in in the old location and installed an extra set just in case I need to pull another trailer.It was a good bit of extra work but it was worth it.

al glenn

DeerMeadowFarm

Looking good Slider! I love this thread!

Magicman

8) Marty needs to borrow it to pull his float in the Christmas Parade.  :christmas:   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Slider, you do good work. Will be a show-piece for sure (and I've learned a lot about tractors inside and out).  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

slider

Thanks Beenthere and the rest of you who have been following this.Speaking of inside.That's  where I am at now.I have been chasing gremlins for some time now.The rats have had their way with my wiring so now I am using liquid tape to undo some of their damage.This truck came with 19 gauges so you can see from the picture I have my work cut out for me.

al glenn

beenthere

YIKES!

I first saw that pic and thought it was a big nest of snakes.  Even after knowing what it is, still reminds me of snakes.  Good luck with that entanglement. Wish you well, but where to start...  and end??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

When dealing with an "entanglement" the only wire or hose that you are interested in is the one that you have in your hand.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

That's right. Concentrate on one circuit at a time keeping in mind that you will want to bundle them neatly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

slider

I have been doing little stuff on this project not worth posting on but JMiller came by and helped me  yesterday.I sure did not want to drop this thing after all this work.

al glenn

DeerMeadowFarm

loggah

Absolutely!!! nice job lots of elbow grease into that restoration :laugh:
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Magicman

Wow Al, I never realized dat it had ah sleeper.   8)

sandhills

I love it, I want to hug and squeeze it and call it my very own  ;D.  Seriously though, this is coming together very very nice, that's some great work!

customsawyer

Hurry up I am getting antsy. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I have been thinking the same thing Lee, but I know that it is sometimes difficult to do what you want to do when you are doing what you have to do.  "Life" gets in the way.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

slider

Sorry about the delay guys .The peat is 90% finished but for now i'm not going to put it back on the road.Sometimes things happen that you were not expecting and it did for me.I mentioned getting into the tree business to my friend JMiller and it's been on ever since.We found a nice 67 ft bucket truck and a w-19 woodchuck chipper to go with my equipment.I am able to saw full time during the week and do tree work every weekend.It has been challenging for both of us learning this new trade but I am very excited about this new venture.So for now the pete is on hold but if this works out I will be building a 24 ft  camper to go on the pete.JMiller want's to get in on this project and he has a lot of talent.For now we are busy building our business and gathering up equipment as we go.Looking for ward to the coach build later.Thanks
al glenn

Magicman

Yup, just what I figured.  Life.   ;)

sawguy21

It would be sad to see work stopped when you are this close. Keep us posted.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

customsawyer

Seeing that your post was made at 8:40 in the morning I can see where some of your time is spent. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Sawguy I'm just postponing this project for now.Although I must build a proper barn for it to store it in.I don't want all that new rubber to be exposed to the sun light.
First we have to get this chipper we bought up to speed.We are dealing with a good bit of wast in this tree work and it will speed things up.Then there is the dump trailer we have to modify to haul the chips in.That's next,but some days it rains and I can hang out here until clears up,like today Customsawyer.
al glenn

bigred1951

Love peterbilts. Hope to one day get my cdl and have a Pete with a big cam cummins 13 speed. But any updates I've been waiting patiently :)

Woodhauler

This still at a standstill?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!