iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Late yesterday I got my Saw Mill delivered

Started by MRowsh, December 02, 2013, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRowsh

Just wow!  What a massive saw mill.  At last I got my Saw Mill LogMaster LM2 delivered late yesterday afternoon.  Herman Gibson himself delivered it. He tow it from Texas with his wife. He spend few hours teaching me few things about the mill, specially all the safety issues to consider. He asked me to do few things without loading log on the top and give me few tips.  My ground was not level so my first priority is to level a long patch of ground for it before putting it to use. We had to get few 6X6 to place under few of the jacks to level it off in order to do some practice. One side tires were off the ground and he mentioned that the tires should stay on the ground to provide some support. There are 8 5000 lbs jacks, 4 on each side of it.
I could not believe how long this rig is. I asked him, this suppose to cut 21.5 feet longs, but it seams much longer.
He explained that the 3X6 quarter inch thick steel beems he used for frame comes this long when he gets them, and he prefer to give it free of charge to his customers than cutting it and selling it as scrap metal for 8 cents per pound. So, my saw will cut almost 26 feet logs as it came. Wow, what a deal!! Now that is a good human being and decent American. He could have cut it out, but he choose to be good.
The saw wheels are so massive, they are much bigger than any saw mill I had seen, of course I never has seen Log Master saws before yesterday afternoon. I have to get few pictures and post them here, when I make it home after work today.

I think I got a good saw mill.
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

thecfarm

Oh what a feeling. Watch them log stops.  :o
You will be able to put a 16 footer anyways on that mill. Gives you more room to get the head out of the way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Now, you just need some 26' trees, a way to handle the logs & lumber, and a customer!  Beams and trailer decking might keep you busy.  I bet you can set yourself up a niche market for long timbers.  Not many people can cut that long.  Looking forward to the photos!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

scsmith42

Mehdi, congrats on your new mill!  I'm going to have to make it a point to stop by and drool over it!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

MRowsh

Yes, I highly recommend you stop by. That way, I just can hand you the seasoning.
I think it is good for you to see it, because you have seen few of them and I would like to see what you think of this.
Retired US Army.

hunz

Would love to see some pictures, congrats on the new mill!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

m wood

congratulations mrowsh.  I remember when you first posted about the logmaster you ordered.  I think I looked it up and was amazed at how burrrrly it looked.  way to go!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Peter Drouin

Good for you , now some pics  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

MRowsh

Thanks much for all the good notes.  Here are few pictures I took for your vie

wing.
Retired US Army.

MRowsh

Retired US Army.

Magicman

Congratulations my Friend.  I am anxious to see the next pictures covered with sawdust.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MRowsh

As of now, I have no clue where to make a level area for it. It is about 38 feet long!  I have to drop down the trees in that area that I had planed to build a shed for it. Not a small task at hand!!  As of now in order to have it level to practice the functions without log on it, all four tires are up in the air. Therefore, I am not going to load it with a heavy log.  There is a lot for me to learn first before my first cutting time, but I am going to enjoy it.
Retired US Army.

Dave Shepard

Be careful when planning your new flat spot for your mill. So far, for my flat spot, I have moved 400 yards of overburden (with another 300 to go in the spring), 1,035 yards of gravel, and 20 yards of crushed stone, not to mention a fair number of stumps and largish rocks. :D

Congrats on your new mill.  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I brought in 2-3-4 loads of gravel for my mill. I put mine at a bottom of a small hill. the uphill side is level,for stacking lumber,the downhill side drops off and that is my log side. I built a place to put a few logs on.

You can't see but past those logs in waiting,it drops off a few feet. But does keep me out of the water in the time of year this picture was taken. The flat stock is laid across and I roll the logs on to the mill. I know you won't be rolling many logs on your mill with a peavey.   ;D

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

m wood

saweeet!  even though your not in the pics...I can see your mile wide smile from here.
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

arnold113

Congratulations mrowsh  Looks like a keeper.  Good luck
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

Furu

Nice looking mill.  That will be a lot of fun running.

customsawyer

That is a nice looking mill. How long is the blade on it?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

MRowsh

Length of the blade is 229 inches, which is 1-1/4″ bandsaw blade by 19'1″ long.
I also got 4 boxes of 6 each blades for it with it. I thought 24 extra blades should cover all my incoming mistakes.
I did also bought a metal detector. Tested it on my shooting range and notices it sure can pick up smallest pieces of metalic objects.

About making a flat area; just thinking about it , my shoulders pain much  more.
Retired US Army.

Deese

HOLY MOLEY!!!
THAT MILL LOOKS BAD TO THE BONE :o :o :o :o
CONGRATS ON THE NEW MILL AND GOOD LUCK :) :) :)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!