iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Maybe 4 inches of snow. Than rain all day. That just made the 4 look like 2. Another mess.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Bare ground yesterday, 50° at 9:00 last night, 36° now and snowing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lxskllr

Opened the door to feed the ferals this morning, and left it open. Still warm, but at least it's sunny. I'll enjoy my two days of sun before the rain comes back again. I would split some wood this weekend, but I'd have to lash 2x6s to my feet to keep from disappearing in the yard  :^S

sawguy21

4" of fresh wet snow this morning, hard on an old back shovelling. -1C now so it won't last long
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Would of been a wonderful day,if that wind was not so strong. That made it feel kinda on the cool side. The parking lot at work melted just fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It was kinda weird here, there was water and 30F and no sunshine. I think it was more like 35, the porch thermometer can't be reading right. Been too many mornings stuck on 0F. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Pulphook

Quote from: lxskllr on December 29, 2018, 08:24:54 AM
Opened the door to feed the ferals this morning, and left it open. Still warm, but at least it's sunny. I'll enjoy my two days of sun before the rain comes back again. I would split some wood this weekend, but I'd have to lash 2x6s to my feet to keep from disappearing in the yard  :^S
"FERAL" ?? What's a feral ?
Snowshoes better than 2x4 .  Just saying since you're South. :laugh:
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

SwampDonkey

0 F again this morning. fire_smiley

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Quote from: Pulphook on December 30, 2018, 08:55:47 AM
"FERAL" ?? What's a feral ?
Snowshoes better than 2x4 .  Just saying since you're South. :laugh:
Cats! I feed them in the morning. There's Fathead, Mom, and Spaz. Mini-me got run off by the group, and infrequently, Spot and Tab show up. Fathead keeps the other toms off the property  :^D 

I started feeding them a couple years ago. I looked outside on the coldest night of year when we had sideways snow, and saw Fathead, and some other calico outside. I have two cats, so I couldn't let them in, but I left food out for them. Kept it up since then. My hope is they keep the mice under control, but the only confirmed kill so far has been a blue jay. I only put food out in the morning. That keeps them from getting too fat and happy, and keeps the possum away  :^D

My two days of sun was optimistic. Cloudy and cool, with rain tomorrow. I was gonna do laundry, but that's off now. Maybe Tuesday.

thecfarm

0°  :o  
I have 14° here now. Colder in November than now.  ;D
I wonder what next month will bring for temps. As I told people in November,if it's this cold now,what will it be in January? Just so others know,that is when it gets cold here. Can be the only time we see double digits is when we have a minus sign in front of it.
But never know what it will be until it gets here.
Been an odd winter,snow than rain. Almost think I got moved about an hour South.

Old Greenhorn

I've been pretty sick with some kind of flu thing that the grand kids gave me for Christmas. The last 3 and a half days I have barely left the couch and night and day blur together. My wife is finishing up her course of it. Sometimes I sleep for 12 hours, sometimes I can only sleep 20 minutes at a time. Anyway, Last night I had a more normal night. I was awakened at 7:30 by a call from my daughter. (She knows we are normally up by 5, 6 at the latest.) and she wanted to know if it was snowing by us. I was in a sleepy stupor but I did recall that there was not a hint of snow in the forecast and thought this was a little odd. Sure enough, I looked out the window and everything was white and it was coming down. "Ok" she said, "Guess I have to cancel Church Service." She lives in the hills and it always snows up there, but she wanted to know if the lower ground had snow too. Came down and checked last night's forecast. Nope, not a hint of snow was mentioned. They updated it this morning to say possible flurries, but little or no accumulation. Right. We have 2 inches of 'no accumulation'. If i wasn't so sick, I would be hooking up the plow right now to at least do the neighbor's driveway, it's a black top hill and gets pretty slick with these little snows. 27 degrees, perhaps climbing to 36 today and partly sunny. Would be a great day to be working in the woods, but I just can't seem to get moving.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Not having much luck the last few weeks. :(  First the can't move problem and now the flu. But that flu should leave in a few days and a week you should be back to normal.

Al_Smith

Dipped down last night .Lady fair got a little chill so I fired up the stove .28 F .Clear this morning,squirrels every where .

SwampDonkey

Today is Sunday, so I'm gonna grab a wool blanket and sleep all afternoon. ;D :D :D

chevytaHOE5674

5° here this am. Calling for another cold day or two then back into the 30s with rain chances in the extended forecast.  Crazy winter weather so far. 

thecfarm

Just spent about an hour outside getting wood and feeding deer. Kinda thought it was on the cold side,12°. As I said in another post,I can tell when it's around 12°. I wear certain clothes and if that don't keep me warm,I head for the house. No scarf on,so my neck and face was cold.

SwampDonkey

6F this morning and snow coming tonight to be topped off with rain tomorrow afternoon.  ;D :D

thecfarm

16° and we have the same snow coming in tonight. Don't know about the rain part this far North.

goose63

5 below 40 below wind chills blizzzzard warning looks like i need to go up north and weld that DanG gate shut

Got the yard blowed out Friday do it again in the morning :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lxskllr

You guys are never gonna guess what the weather is! Go ahead, guess...

Rain!! So exciting! It's been so long, I almost can't remember the last one we had. I think it was... December 28?? We could use it. Most of the standing water's drained away, and my plans for a backyard wetland preserve are in jeopardy...

Old Greenhorn

Average day here, 37F for the high and I now know that when the weather service says "Partly Sunny" it is code for 'You won't see the sun more than 30 seconds today'. It was heavy overcast and damp all day. Tonight, guess what? 1.5 to 3" of rain by morning. As lxsklr said "I am so excited..." If nothing else when the ground finally does freeze up it will have enough water frozen in it to hold up and kind of vehicle. :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

Last Thursday/Friday the weather people got all excited about the blizzard and 12+inches of snow and then we got 3" of snow with rain on top.

Today they casually mentioned 1-3" of snow. Well there's 8-10" on the ground now and it's still coming down. 50mph wind gusts along the lakeshore made for 5 foot tall drifts at my rental lake house.

Thank You Sponsors!