iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

foliage ride

Started by thecfarm, September 28, 2012, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

We went for a ride to see the leaves. We have plenty at the bottom of our hill to see too. On the way up I saw a new sign about a scenic drive. A right turn and about a mile in and this is it.
This is Ira Mountain in Kingfield Maine. The developer piled up a bunch of rocks for an echo place.

Up at the top.

The gray spot kinda on the lower left is the first picture. They made quite the road to the top. There was some really nice homes up there. This will be added to our ride each year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Beautiful country

I love this time of year
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

You aren't kidding when you said that you have a lot of rocks up there  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Holmes

Quote from: WDH on September 28, 2012, 09:31:13 PM
You aren't kidding when you said that you have a lot of rocks up there  :D.
It's a little early for the rocks to turn color, another 15 to 20 years of exposure to the elements and they will all be a nice medium grey... ;D ;D
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

And the worst part is,you are only seeing about half of the echo place. I won't mention the ones they piled up at one side to make the road level. I think this guys land is just about like mine.   :o  The whole area was nice and clean. I have no idea where the stumps went or the tree and brush. I mean there was no evidence of any stumps or trees pushed over or brush. I did not realize this until I saw a 4 inch tree that was pushed off to the side. The only one I saw. I only saw a couple trees that was barked up too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Holmes

I took a ride up Mt. Wachusett , all 2006 feet of it Friday.  2 small patches of foliage in the valleys probably swamp land, not much to see around here yet.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!