iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please welcome our newest sponsor!

Started by Jeff, April 12, 2016, 11:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Welcome home Ed. Thanks for your support.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ox

I watched a video on Youtube on Brute Force processors.  I want one.  It seemed to operate effortlessly.  And they were splitting real world firewood logs, not the beautiful, straight grained saw logs you see in other videos.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

glassman_48

bandmill bandit,
If you come to the pig roast this year, we can build you a processor (with a pintle hitch for Canadian's) and you could take it home with you ;D  swamp donkey, I am really glad to be a sponsor in here, its a great forum, thank you
fat olde elf, I missed last pig roast, thought it was the end of august, GAB stopped by after the pig roast and you should of seen the look on my face when he told me I missed the pigroast.  I remember you too, a wealth of knowledge hope to hang with you all some more this pig roast. 
Ox, the owner of brute force has put his machines through grueling tests, he overbuilds his equipment so it holds up.  Anyone is welcome to get a hold of me and I would gladly explain more about these machines, they really are that good.  Thanks again to everyone, can't wait for the pig roast. 

gspren

Does Brute Force build any splitters aimed toward a personal user doing 10-15 cord per year? Some of us OWB owners don't want/need the wood split too small.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

g_man

Thank you Ed. This forum means so much to so many so your support is appreciated.

glassman_48

gspren,
The owner of brute force built their first splitters recently, I will ask him if he can build one with a longer  splitting area.  We are always building the firewood processors longer that way for OWB owners, we usually build 36" long.  I will get back to you, thank you for your interest.  What length splitter opening would work best for you?  I am waiting for pictures of the log splitters so they can be put in the website.

gspren

I don't really need longer, even though my OWB will take 44" I usually cut 18-20" and load 2 rows, I just don't split things as small as most indoor burners use. I'm OK with a single wedge but a removable 4 way would be nice also. A horizontal with a lifter would be best for old bones to operate and light enough to tow behind a UTV.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

George Zarifis

Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

glassman_48

Darrel, and George,
Thanks for the welcome, The website is being added to as we get more pictures of our newer products.  Gspren, still waiting for pictures of the log splitter and pricing too.  I am going to hopefully get Jeff to take a video and some still pictures so we can add them to the website too.  I will keep you all informed as we add new stuff on the website.   Thanks again, Ed Norman

treetech

Thanks for supporting this great forum Ed.

glassman_48

gspren,
I am getting some info together on log splitters, we have 2 commercial models, $6499.00 and $8499.00.  They have log lifts and adjustable 4 way wedges.  No homeowner models yet, they are well built.  The machines are in Wisconsin, and I will not be able to post any pictures in my website until I take pictures myself.  No brochures yet, if you have further interest, call me and I will try to get you some more basic info.

maple flats

Thanks for supporting our great forum. Maybe we can do business.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

glassman_48

Dave,
Thanks for contacting me our new contact area that Jeff set up works really well.  Hoping we can get a conveyor sold to you.  Thanks again, Ed

sandsawmill14

welcome and thanks for your support smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Savannahdan

A thank you from Savannah, Georgia, to Northern Michigan Firewood Products.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

glassman_48

sandsawmill14, and Savannahdan,
Thanks for the welcome.  I will be at the pig roast this year too.  I am trying to find maple flats website.  Trying to remember how to get there.  I am not to good on a computer.  Thanks again, Ed

Hilltop366

To get to his website go to his post and click on the globe symbol under his name near the bottom left corner.

glassman_48

Hilltop,
Thanks, that was easy, going to be having some maple syrup soon!!  Still can't find shameless links, is it on the main forum page?  I feel so inadequate sometimes on a computer :( 

Ada Shaker

Quote from: Jeff on April 12, 2016, 11:56:13 AM
I want to stress, that you don't need to be from Michigan to work with Ed!  :)

:o Really  :o . Does that include international Ed.  ;D . Thanx for sponsoring and keeping a gr8 forum alive. 8)
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

glassman_48

Ada Shaker,
Let me know where and I will look into this.  Might have to make purchaser responsible for the shipping,  from Wisconsin if its a really tough location to ship to. There might be tax issues, currency exchange etc.   You can also call my glass shop, the number is on my profile.   Thanks for the welcome, and yes it is such a great forum. 

Hilltop366

Quote from: glassman_48 on May 04, 2016, 09:59:55 PM
Hilltop,
Thanks, that was easy, going to be having some maple syrup soon!!  Still can't find shameless links, is it on the main forum page?  I feel so inadequate sometimes on a computer :(

Your welcome, I'm not sure where the shameless links are either.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

glassman_48

Jeff,
Found the shameless links, told you I am "below par" on a computer, but learning as I go.  Thank You

Thank You Sponsors!