iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot numero cinco

Started by mesquite buckeye, January 23, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

I don't think it's ironwood or Arizona Walnut. Doesn't look quite right for either of those.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 23, 2013, 11:10:12 PM
Did it grow in Arizona?

si ;D

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_flipping smiley_bounce smiley_wavy sail_smiley fly_smiley pull_smiley

8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 23, 2013, 11:22:57 PM
I don't think it's ironwood or Arizona Walnut. Doesn't look quite right for either of those.

correctimundo....

:P :P :P

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_divide smiley_bounce sling_shot candle_smiley dadgum you, Charlie!

Okrafarmer

I gave Mequite a good look, and, although it looks somewhat similar, I don't think that's it either.

giant splinter

roll with it

LeeB

Kinda looks like hackberry but the color is wrong.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Okrafarmer

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 23, 2013, 11:52:24 PM
I gave Mequite a good look, and, although it looks somewhat similar, I don't think that's it either.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder????

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 24, 2013, 12:23:39 AM
It kinda reminds me of Ipe.

Doesn't grow here. smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce

mesquite buckeye

Clue #1:

Sometimes first impressions are right.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

giant splinter

looks like the keawe of Hawaii
that would make it a Mesquite
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

It is.

Know which one???? ;D 8) 8) 8)

giant splinter

I am surely not an expert on them so I must admit I have no clue as to the proper name of the specific type.
Does this one grow on the desert floor or on high ground and in zones of more rainfall?
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on January 24, 2013, 11:42:16 AM
I am surely not an expert on them so I must admit I have no clue as to the proper name of the specific type.
Does this one grow on the desert floor or on high ground and in zones of more rainfall?

Up to about 4500'. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: ;D

OneWithWood

It looks like that mesquite in the picture there.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Okrafarmer

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on January 24, 2013, 08:51:43 AM
Clue #1:

Sometimes first impressions are right.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

:( Well, I'm only going by photos. I should have known better. It also looks like locust-- surprise-- they're both in the bean family.

giant splinter

My best guess would be Honey Mesquite
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: OneWithWood on January 24, 2013, 07:31:04 PM
It looks like that mesquite in the picture there.

Good try, but that there picture is a really big catclaw acacia match..... ;D

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on January 24, 2013, 10:34:26 PM
My best guess would be Honey Mesquite

That one only grows in Arizona where the cow pies hit along the roads. It is our native one....

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on January 24, 2013, 11:07:27 PM
Skrewbean Mequite

Hilarious.

But it isn't that one either.

The possibilities are unendless.......

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smile_juggle smiley_horserider smiley_horserider

Thank You Sponsors!