iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Cellulitis story. UPDATE

Started by gspren, February 14, 2018, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Just got home from a 4 day 3 night stay in the local hospital with an ugly toe (no pictures). Last week my toe hurt a little but not bad although Friday night it was warm and red so went to an "Urgent Care" center Saturday. A nurse practitioner diagnosed the Cellulitis and gave me a prescription for oral antibiotics but said if it gets any worse go to the ER. After googling and reading on here about Jeff's and others experiences I went to ER Sunday morning thinking maybe one night, I didn't feel sick or have much pain but they take this serious! I now have oral antibiotics to supplement the barrel of IV they put through me in there, hope this don't come back.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

gspren

Thought I should update. After being home for a week it returned >:( so back in the hospital for 4 more days of IV antibiotics and then 7 days of stronger oral antibiotics at home and I think maybe it's beat. I sure hope so, I'm tired of needles.

Gary_C

Are you sure it's not gout?  Did they check your uric acid levels in your blood?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

Quote from: Gary_C on March 08, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Are you sure it's not gout?  Did they check your uric acid levels in your blood?
Not gout, it was an infection although they don't know what caused it. Uric acid levels were normal and white blood cells were up, I've had about a dozen blood tests since it started.

Thank You Sponsors!