iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making my morning coffee in Dominican Republic...

Started by Kbeitz, December 05, 2017, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Kbeitz,

The only time I was in the DR was for lunch on a visa trip. We were building the US Embassy in Haiti and my 90 day visa was expiring so a co-worker and I drove across the border, had lunch and came back with a new visa.  I remember a small child of one of the workers at the Customs desk on the DR saw me and got excited and ran back and returned with a Christmas ornament of St Nick and was yelling Father Christmas, Father Christmas. I was getting a little shaggy and had not trimmed my beard in a couple of months and the little girl thought I was Santa Claus. My co-worker got a kick out of it.

You guys have a great time there and I hope you get to see all your family and friends.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

paul case

That make youtube come up with ''NO VIDEOS FOUND'' on my computer.

Did you have no coffee in the DR?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

nativewolf

Man, that is fresh coffee.  Do they roast themselves?  Or are they growing coffee, drying, roasting, etc. 

I'm a coffee fanatic and spent many years traveling around the tropics;  really enjoyed the video. 
Liking Walnut

WV Sawmiller

Kbeitz,

I could not get to the video in first post either. That is cool using a mortar and pestle to grind coffee. When I worked in Cameroon and Guinea in west Africa M&P were common household untensils and I saw them used for most everything, Used on corn, rice, cassava, and once even to make plum juice. They had small once for spices.

A few weeks before I left Guinea we had a young lady co-worker visit the camp. At days end I told her I was going to walk to town nearby and she asked if she could go and if okay to bring a camera as she had no pictures. The idiots at HQ had told her the people did not like having their pictures made. I told her they love it - just ask fist. We wen through the local market then I took her through the residential area and down by the river where people were collecting and hauling sand, making concrete blocks etc. You'd have thought she was a rock star. All the people wanted their picture made, joined in with her and just laughed when they saw themselves on the viewer. We were invited into their homes. I think one family let her help pound dinner in their M&P. She had a blast I thought it was a hoot watching her interface with them. I looked through some of my pictures but could not find them in the hundreds there but here is a typical village scene where they were using a M&P.

20 Nov 2012 Near Forecariah in Guinea West Africa

Old mortars would crack then be used for stools or to set things on by the road to sell. I saw one tourist camp in Namibia (Roy's Camp) where his whole restaurant area used old cracked mortars for stools and bar stools around the tables and bar.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

btulloh

HM126

samandothers

I sure am happy to have my coffee grinder!  Enjoy your trip.

Kbeitz

Quote from: nativewolf on December 06, 2017, 07:36:01 AM
Man, that is fresh coffee.  Do they roast themselves?  Or are they growing coffee, drying, roasting, etc. 

I'm a coffee fanatic and spent many years traveling around the tropics;  really enjoyed the video.

Roasted on this country cook stove...

https://youtu.be/5_V8C3DM-VI
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

I don't drink coffee but that was neat thanks for sharing  by the way who is tending to the junk yard  if your there   :D

Kbeitz

Quote from: coxy on December 06, 2017, 06:44:50 PM
I don't drink coffee but that was neat thanks for sharing  by the way who is tending to the junk yard  if your there   :D

Some times you just gotta take a loss...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!