iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

No way would I buy a new mill.just to put simple set on it.
Accuset 2 is superior in every way.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JB Griffin on January 03, 2018, 11:03:42 PM

Just being honest, I have NO IDEA what Accuset does.
What I do know is I saw a board and the Simple Set brings the blade right back down to where I need to saw the next board. Simple. ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Percy

Simple set, accuset, different strokes for different goats.  ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

barbender

Poston, with the Accuset ll, the setworks gives you a list of cedar outhouses and other projects you can make with the lumber in that log, including plans😂
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

The option that I curiously did not see was a Debarker which also depends upon the majority of your market.  ???  Mostly clean logs, OK.  For me it would be a blade killer.   :-\

Of course I also would have ordered an 'Operator's Seat".   :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Mr. Poston Sir:
Was the ordering of a new mill the result of having suffered a temporary brain freeze?
I hear you folks have had some cooler than normal weather.
The forecast here for the next few days is snow, cooling temperatures and up to 60 mph winds.
Sounds like feed the wood stove and hibernate weather to me.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 04, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

The option that I curiously did not see was a Debarker

Must have been a malfunction of my brain vs. key pad....I can assure you it will have a debarker on it.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: barbender on January 04, 2018, 12:45:08 AM
Poston, with the Accuset ll, the setworks gives you a list of cedar outhouses and other projects you can make with the lumber in that log, including plans😂

Just plain 'ol Funny!  :D :D :D

Southside

Why you need a debarker? I know goats make some funny noises, but I never heard one bark.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

alan gage

Quote from: Southside logger on January 04, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
Why you need a debarker? I know goats make some funny noises, but I never heard one bark.

Debleater?

Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

thecfarm

Easier to get an option with a piece of euipment when you order it. I have got something,bigger than what I need at the time,and than 2-3- years down the road I need it that size.
Than I suppose the debarker does not have to be used,but if it's there might just well use it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crossroads

Quote from: Southside logger on January 04, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
I haven't been around here for long so I don't know the goat stories, but the right there is funny!!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

hopm

Mr. Poston....
I don't know enough to be critical of your purchase.....
But I do know enough to be a bit envious!!! :laugh: :laugh:
Best wishes with production. I look forward to seeing pics and vids. You're close enough I might be able to visit and see in operation.

Magicman

Quote from: Crossroads on January 04, 2018, 12:40:39 PMI haven't been around here for long so I don't know the goat stories
Don't worry neither does da Goat.......nor us either.   smiley_headscratch   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

KirkD

Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Kbeitz, so I see you got a pic of the debarked working from Woodmizer.

Ga Mtn Man

And now we know how they solved the wide-head debarker design issue.  Very clever. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WV Sawmiller

I'm interested in hearing "Dueling Banjo's" played on a couple of sawmills too. ;D

While I don't like learning new things at my age and I love my SimpleSet I did run a guys LT50 with AccusetII on it and what I saw of it I really, really liked and if I were buying a replacement mill I'm pretty sure I'd include it.

I am still waiting for a good detailed report on the wide mill feature and see how it does. I'm thinking 95% of the time you will be cutting the same size wood you could cut with your regular mill so should be no difference (except you have more teeth spinning on the band so you get through the same cant/board with less revolutions- which I think should be a wash). What I really want to see is how it works in really hard, wide crotch wood.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

JB Griffin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 03, 2018, 11:27:31 PM
Quote from: JB Griffin on January 03, 2018, 11:03:42 PM

Just being honest, I have NO IDEA what Accuset does.
What I do know is I saw a board and the Simple Set brings the blade right back down to where I need to saw the next board. Simple. ;D

What accuset2 does is it knows where the sawhead is AND where the bed is. This allows it to remove math almost completely from sawing. In pattern mode you can saw a preset board thickness down to a preset cant size(or last board) without having to figger out where to start in your head and will eliminate dog boards completly.  And much more.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

tawilson

I have the Command Control option and in retrospect the Accuset would have been worth it simply for the blade height readout. Vision isn't what it used to be and I'm not expecting it to get better.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 06, 2018, 12:09:28 PM

What I really want to see is how it works in really hard, wide crotch wood.

Most of my big log slab crotch sawing is done for customers....not for me.
The wide head will give me 6 more inches and I can't tell you how many times I wished I had just
1 more inch of clearance.  :D

I have never been one for speed....just getting a good, smooth, flat cut on a huge crotch slab is my priority.

When sawing over sized logs, I charge a premium....my time is figured in at all speeds.

With the wide head, turbo 7 blades and diesel HP.....I should do just fine. Just waiting now.

By the time I get finished showing y'all some stuff about this wide head.....
y'all will be lined up at Woodmizer wanting to trade or buy a new Wide Head mill.  :D :D :D

Buy a new wide head on Feb. 29, 2018  and mention promo code "Goat" and receive a $300 discount.   :o :o 8) :D

Thank You Sponsors!