iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heavy Duty engine mount bushings

Started by Chuck White, January 25, 2010, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Last summer while I was in Hannibal, I picked up a pair of aluminum with brass insert engine mount bushings!
I knew the ones on my mill were getting worn because, once in a while when raising or lowering the engine (engaging/disengaging the blade) I would notice that the engine would tip a little forward or aft!
Well, I've had the engine off for a while now and a friend going through it to find out why it started running like crap near the end of the sawing season!
So, with the engine out of the way, I disconnected the mounting plate from everything and replaced the bushings.
Didn't take too long, maybe 2 hours including the time it took to trim the new bushings!  Had to remove ¼ inch from each one!
Now it's all ready for the engine reinstall when my friend gets done with it!

Bibbyman has a post on installing this type of bushing in "sawmill how-to's", reply #5!
After reading his post, I made up my mind that I was going to do that mod to my sawmill too!
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,19439.0/all.html
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Soon after I bought my mill in '02, I had WM do that bushing thing while they were doing a "Silver" service.  Looks like those new bushings are a winner.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I think that engine will sit a little more secure now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!