iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not da brightest bulb sometimes

Started by chet, December 03, 2005, 09:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I had a customer load one of my trailers with logs for me to saw. Well today I went and brought it all home. He had all da wheels blocked and of course it was all froze in. So I just tried to pull da trailer over it. Ain't gonna happen.  :-\  So lock in da 4x4 and try again.  Nope!  :-\  So I poured da coal to er, dat worked.  :)  Put er back in 2 wheel and try to take off.  ::)  I git er moving, but I'm thinkin' "dat dis one heavy load". Oh well, put er in 4x4 low range and take er easy. It's only 4 miles home. 
Once home I have a devil of a time backin' up to da mill, but I git er. Now I'm feelin' pretty good I made er.  :) 
Dat is until I opened da door and smelled what was left of my brakes.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

I ain't so sure I woulda tole dat. ::) :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Yep, sounds like one a dem secrets ;D
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

pigman

Yep, I was proud of my first mistake I made too , told everyone about it. 8) For the last 55 years, I have kept all the others a secret. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

Are you tellin' me I'm not da only dim bulb.  ???
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Chet do you sharpen yer bandsaw blades with a side grinder?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Well I am happy to know that I am in good company with them there secrets .  ;D ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chet

Quote from: Jeff B on December 03, 2005, 10:18:46 PM
Chet do you sharpen yer bandsaw blades with a side grinder?

Da bulb may be dim sometimes but it ain't burnt.   ::)

Coon

Sometimes I even think that I need to find a better current bush to run my bulb. :o :o 8)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sawguy21

Quote from: Chet on December 03, 2005, 10:23:35 PM
Da bulb may be dim sometimes but it ain't burnt.   ::)
:D :D :D :D :D :D We have all been there at some point.  Some of us will admit it, some won't :-X
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tnlogger

I resemble that  my bulbs been working on a 3rd power for years  ;D
gene

iain

No bulbs or secrets here
none, no sir, none at all ;)
why you still looking ::)

iain

Jeff

Iain, I must insist that you call Chet using that calling rate thing you have.  If nothing else, a new language could be invented from such an event. You need to tell him about rare earth magnets and he can tell you about trees that refuse to fall while insisting that he sticks around to watch.

Send me a note and I'll give you his phone number. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

With a dim bulb at least I can see a little bit.  But I'm going to be up the creek if it goes out.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Quartlow

Quote from: Jeff B on December 04, 2005, 09:27:07 AM
he can tell you about trees that refuse to fall while insisting that he sticks around to watch.

hey I had one this morning that didnt want to fall. Dead ash tree, notched it sawed right up to the notch and it the darn thing just stood there. till i leaned on it  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

dewwood

Chet that sounds like one of those deals where you look around real quick to see how many people saw your moment of low voltage.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

iain

Yip i've had them trees, euro larch was the last one, only a gentle breeze holding it up,
i had to stick arround as it was sitting on the saw bar, and the wedges were in the tractor, pushing did'nt help, just wait for the breeze to get stronger or drop, it helps if you got your exit route planned ::) ;D

iain (waiting for the boats to finish cooking)

smiley_horserider smiley_horserider  couldnt find a slurping smiley  :o but liket the gas powered horsey one  

Ernie

Well Chet, it sure took guts or something to admit to that one :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

Especially to this crowd! You do realize it will probably preface any comment to you now for a while - like:

"Is that like the time you forgot your brakes were on?"

::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Skytramp

Hi Guys;
     Back in the late 60s I took a job in a small factory in Jonesboro AR. building pallets.  Myself and two other guys took turns driving to work, My old car had the park broke so I would put the emergancy brake on while parked.  One day it came a little skif of snow, less than an inch.  I backed out just fine but had a Dickens of a time going forward.  It was about 1/4 of a mile to the main road, slightly uphill.  Those poor guys pushed their hearts out all the while calling my old car a lot of names that probably wouldn't pass muster with the web-master.  Neither of them had ever saw a car so helpless on snow.  About fifty feet from the highway I noticed the e-brake still on.  I didn't dare let it off all at once, they would have killed me.  I would put my foot on and pull out the little handle and it got easier and easier to push, just as we got to the highway it gained traction good as new.  Those guys berated me and my car the rest of the way home and for another week, if it  even looked like snow they wouldn't ride with me and I havn't told either of them to this day what was really the problem.
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Modat22

I'm like a strob light, 50 percent on and 50 percent off.
remember man that thy are dust.

Paul_H

Quote from: Skytramp on December 04, 2005, 09:17:45 PM
  About fifty feet from the highway I noticed the e-brake still on.  I didn't dare let it off all at once, they would have killed me.  I would put my foot on and pull out the little handle and it got easier and easier to push, just as we got to the highway it gained traction good as new. 

You're a very wise man  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!